2011 Hurst short throw info? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

2011 Hurst short throw info?

Anyone else here order a 2011 with the Hurst option? Been told that the shifter is at LEAST 4 weeks away from validation from GM engineering! WTH?! In any case, I am in a position where a delay will benefit me anyways, but geez not liking that Mid August delivery possiblilty.... I will let this ride for a few weeks and then decide whether or not to drop this option from the order. I am kinda liking the MGW shifter....nice setup! Looks like an intense installation though.

*UPDATE*

6-26-2010

Ok so I couldn't wait any longer! As of 6-26, Dealer still showed Hurst option at a Zero. I dropped the Hurst option and re-ordered car, now at status 2000, should go to production much sooner now. Decided it is not worth the wait. I will explore the aftermarket options later.

Last edited by TornadoSS; 06-26-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

I'm convinced the GM hurst option will never actually be available...I originally ordered mine with it on Oct 14, 2008.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-10-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I have been following the Camaro since the concept and noticed that the Hurst shifter really never came through with the 2010 orders. That sucks. So did you just install a Hurst aftermarket? Does it make for a nice short crisp shift now?

post #4 of 10 Old 06-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
Yeah, I have been following the Camaro since the concept and noticed that the Hurst shifter really never came through with the 2010 orders. That sucks. So did you just install a Hurst aftermarket? Does it make for a nice short crisp shift now?
yes and yes. The MGW is probably the best on the market (also most expensive and bigger install job)...but I have the hurst and I like it.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
post #5 of 10 Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

*UPDATE*

6-26-2010

Ok so I couldn't wait any longer! As of 6-26, Dealer still showed Hurst option at a Zero. I dropped the Hurst option and re-ordered car, now at status 2000, should go to production much sooner now. Decided it is not worth the wait. I will explore the aftermarket options later.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
*UPDATE*

6-26-2010

you have chosen wisely.

Quote:
post #7 of 10 Old 06-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member

i here the MGW shifter is really good.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #8 of 10 Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 AM

I am considering a short throw shifter for our 2011 IBM 2SS that is being delivered possibly today, 06/28/10. It is probably less expensive to order one aftermarket anyway. The GM perforamnce exhaust that was supposed to be available also and never was is easily found about $200 less than from a dealer online.

Current vehicles:
2011 2SS/RS IMB. Polished wheels.
2000 SS Camaro White w/t-tops
1968 Camaro Coupe Maroon
1989 IROC Z28 Convertible Red w/Black top
2005 SS Silverado Black
post #9 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 08:43 AM

I purchased and installed my Hurst Short Throw and I love it. More importantly it is very stiff so my wife doesn't enjoy driving it as much....better for me.....
post #10 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 AM

I got a really good deal on my Hurst. It was $286 with Fed X 3 day shipping from atlanticspeed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page