About to give up!!!!!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

About to give up!!!!!!!

So I finally got a good deal on my LS camaro and wouldn t you know 3 days after owning it its in the shop having the engine torn apart. I am a Die Hard GM Fan but im about to throw in the towel. When it comes to this new camaro I been getting screwed since day one. First I had one Pre ordered then im told by the dealer in TN they never ordered mine. Then last Dec I drove one off the lot and the dealer I was dealing with in MO screwed me on that deal and took the car back. I get one now from GA and wouldn t you know now I have someone working on it that has never dealt with this problem before and they are trying to figure out how to work on it. The car is never going to be right again. I am in contact with GM and I'm seriously thinking about telling them they need to just give me another car but knowing my luck they will blow that request off. Im really tired of being screwed by GM and their dealers right now. Sorry just had to vent. I welcome any comments or advice be it good or bad and I will always back GM to any Dodge or Ford owner no matter what!!!!!!!

2010 Camaro LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

geez...that sucks. I really haven't heard of any big problems w/ the V6's. What happened? Sounds strange that they would try and fix a major engine problem instead of just getting a new engine for you (that's what I would fight for at least).

Sorry to hear about your car's issues.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member

Doesn't sound like GM is screwing you, just the dealers.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Doesn't sound like GM is screwing you, just the dealers.
No GM hasn t screwed me yet and the last dealer I dealt with was very good to me. My issue now is only owning the car for 3 days its jacked up. If GM doesn t help me in this situation and I dont just mean fixing the issue then GM will be screwing me at that time.

2010 Camaro LS
post #5 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
geez...that sucks. I really haven't heard of any big problems w/ the V6's. What happened? Sounds strange that they would try and fix a major engine problem instead of just getting a new engine for you (that's what I would fight for at least).

Sorry to hear about your car's issues.
The other day I was driving to work and when I put it in 3rd gear car starting shaking and the idiot light came on. I limped it to the closest chevy dealer and it has sat there since.

2010 Camaro LS
post #6 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_will_Never_Die View Post
The other day I was driving to work and when I put it in 3rd gear car starting shaking and the idiot light came on. I limped it to the closest chevy dealer and it has sat there since.
so they tore apart the engine? what did they tell you is wrong with it?

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #7 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
so they tore apart the engine? what did they tell you is wrong with it?
They told me the fuel injection was bad. They wasn t sure right away because they never had to work on a camaro like this. Makes me wonder am I the first case in the U.S. would be my luck wouldn t it

2010 Camaro LS
post #8 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
zen

It's the first year for the DI engine in Chevrolets. There is plenty of knowledge about and experience in repairing these engines since they are and have been used in Cadillac CTS for a while. It's basically the 3.6 block with DI and advanced vakve timing.
post #9 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
It's the first year for the DI engine in Chevrolets. There is plenty of knowledge about and experience in repairing these engines since they are and have been used in Cadillac CTS for a while. It's basically the 3.6 block with DI and advanced vakve timing.
I was thinking the samething so why would they tell me they have never worked on this engine before and they have to be on the phone with GM all day

2010 Camaro LS
post #10 of 22 Old 06-11-2010, 02:52 PM

my father has a 2010 ss like mine n he had the same issue with his when he first got it. it was a sensor that was messing up! they ahd to replace it 2 times. n now he hasnt had a problem since!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page