Water Drip - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-15-2010, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Water Drip

I was changing the oil today and was a little worried. I noticed that a lot of fluid kept dripping down from the transmission after starting the car once done with the oil change. It was clear and looked like water at first. I still had some residue on my hands from changing the oil so when I touched it at first it felt really slimy and smelled. After washing my hands real well, the best I can tell it is pure water.

Where does the water drip down from the AC running? Usually I found it dripped from the front passenger side engine bay on most cars I have owned. This one is a drip directly over the transmission on the drivers side of the car. Just seems a bit odd to me to see it there. At first I thought it was only because I had the front end of the car raised, but after I had it back level the drip appeared to be coming from the same location. Just curious, I know it isn't any fluids related to the car mechanically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

My best guess is condensation form the humidity in the air freezing on the air conditioning coil and then melting once you shut the car off.

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #3 of 6 Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I am sure that is it, I just don't get how its dripping halfway done the length of the car from the front unless designed to do so. It just doesn't seem right when you see where its dripping.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-16-2010, 10:03 AM

I get the same when I park in My driveway which is downhill slightly, regardless of AC usage.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-16-2010, 12:24 PM

I usually turn the AC off before I get home and let it blow dry as I drive. I wipe all aluminum as well. It this over the top? All my pipes are shined to a chrome like finish.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 AM

a friend of mine has a 3rd gen and he had the same problem a few days ago...he thought he had a cracked block cause water was coming from that area, but it was actually dripping onto the block...it was the hose going to the heater control valve...the hose had a crack and was leaking water on the block, so you might want to check your HCV and hoses to and from the radiator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page