'Made in America' Means Something Again - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Suck it, Honda!

Results of the J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study indicate that at least two [Ford and GM] of Detroit's Big Three automakers are on the right track and looking strong in the eyes of U.S. consumers.

If there were any doubts about reports that the American auto industry is on the mend, they were laid to rest today with the release of J.D. Power and Associates' 2010 Initial Quality Study (IQS). Domestic brands, as a whole, demonstrated higher initial quality than the imports for the first time in the study's 24-year history.

We're back!!!
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...0430&GT1=22009

Last edited by Revo1; 06-18-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Argh, changing the damned title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 06-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member

There is not one automaker that is MADE in America however there is an automaker that is Assembled in America.

Welcome to todays time EVERYONE out sources to other countries such as Mexico , Canada and ETC.

I love hear Ford people tell me my car wasnt made in American and there's was

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 06-17-2010 at 05:21 PM.
post #3 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member

Well, those days of "Made in America" meaning where the product was manufactured will never be back BUT we can make the phrase mean something with respect to quality and reliability again. Originally the term meant exactly that but over the years, it morphed itself into a more patriotic meaning and people started to ignore the quality aspect.

Over the past 30 yeaers, if it was "Made in America" it was assumed to be a good product but we all know in hindsight that this just wasn't always true. In fact, many companies took Americans for granted, including GM - they thought they could get away with producing junk because if it was American, patriotic people would automatically buy it. Look where that attitude got them.....

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com

post #4 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Well, those days of "Made in America" meaning where the product was manufactured will never be back BUT we can make the phrase mean something with respect to quality and reliability again. Originally the term meant exactly that but over the years, it morphed itself into a more patriotic meaning and people started to ignore the quality aspect.

Over the past 30 yeaers, if it was "Made in America" it was assumed to be a good product but we all know in hindsight that this just wasn't always true. In fact, many companies took Americans for granted, including GM - they thought they could get away with producing junk because if it was American, patriotic people would automatically buy it. Look where that attitude got them.....
Agreed. But at last it appears that this is no longer the case. Our domestic automakers have stepped up their game, and faith in American cars is being restored. Why does everyone always have nothing but negative responses to this? 3 whole pages full of negative responses to this goodnews post on a different forum...

post #5 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Agreed. But at last it appears that this is no longer the case. Our domestic automakers have stepped up their game, and faith in American cars is being restored. Why does everyone always have nothing but negative responses to this? 3 whole pages full of negative responses to this goodnews post on a different forum...
Unfortunately it will take a few years for reality to sink in for most people. It's always that way - Toyota stills sells a crapload even though their quality has dropped.

post #6 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I Agree the domestic's are being built better, but when the imports still to this day feel superior in quality is domestics really stepping up their game?.. or are they still falling short... i really like the camaro and corvette's but Gm has to focus on the mass vehicles .... still 2 this day i can ride in a Honda or Nissan and it feels more solid and reliable
post #7 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I Agree the domestic's are being built better, but when the imports still to this day feel superior in quality is domestics really stepping up their game?.. or are they still falling short... i really like the camaro and corvette's but Gm has to focus on the mass vehicles .... still 2 this day i can ride in a Honda or Nissan and it feels more solid and reliable
I wouldn't say that the Japanese or Germans are stepping up their game but the Koreans - HOLY CRAP !!! I am sure that GM is nowhere near finished with respect to striving for quality. Problem is that the Koreans keep moving the goal line.....

post #8 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

I was just happy to see this JD Power study turned up so many people that believe in American cars again. Guess none of those people are on Camaro forums

Hylton, I agree that GM's work is not done, nor should it ever be. Just glad to see the tide is turning

post #9 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I was just happy to see this JD Power study turned up so many people that believe in American cars again. Guess none of those people are on Camaro forums
Just be happy you didn't post that on a ricer forum - they'd have slaughtered you!

post #10 of 24 Old 06-18-2010, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Just be happy you didn't post that on a ricer forum - they'd have slaughtered you!
I posted the same article on a different Camaro forum, could've sworn I was on hondacivic.com or something by mistake... Dunno wtf

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page