MRT 2.0 Exhaust - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

MRT 2.0 Exhaust

Hello all,

Just got my first Camaro Black LS M6 3 weeks ago and am looking at getting the MRT 2.0 Exhaust to get some better sound.

Anyone have any problems with dealers voiding warranties on Camaros with aftermarket exhausts. I would think it would be a common upgrade and not be an issue but you never know.

I know the the Magnusson Act would require them to prove the exhaust or any other aftermarket part caused a problem.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscreamaz View Post
Hello all,

Just got my first Camaro Black LS M6 3 weeks ago and am looking at getting the MRT 2.0 Exhaust to get some better sound.

Anyone have any problems with dealers voiding warranties on Camaros with aftermarket exhausts. I would think it would be a common upgrade and not be an issue but you never know.

I know the the Magnusson Act would require them to prove the exhaust or any other aftermarket part caused a problem.

Thanks
Welcome to the site and I think you answered your own question

From a fellow MRT exhaust owner, go for it! you won't regret it...I have the V1.0, but I'm young and like to be obnoxiously louder than most would prefer.

2010 1LT RS, M6, Silver w/black stripes
post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 AM

No experience with the MRT exhaust, but I discussed my options with the after market parts affecting warranty with my dealer service manager, and he says from the converters back could be replaced with out any issues. (As well as cold air intakes.) I will hold him to it, because he has aftermarket exhaust on his personal '10 SS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page