Another Paint Peeling Issue :( - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Another Paint Peeling Issue :(

so i just read through the last thread on peeling paint and it looks like my issue is going to be a new one

i washed the car on sat and noticed that the paint was gone on the trunk by where the spoiler attaches to the trunk

i put a message into my salesman already and i'm just trying to juggle through deliveries to see how quickly i can get the car to the dealership to look at it

i have seen some posts about bulletins for peeling paint and just wondering if anyone else has paint peeling in this spot or is it just me

should i lobby to get the entire trunk painted under warranty?

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 10:40 AM

I would imagine the dealer will take care of this with no hesitation. Isn't it under warranty?

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange w/K&N intake and more to come!
post #3 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

ya i'm just not sure where the parameters of warranty are going to fall. i really don't want just a patch job on where it's peeling. i want the hole thing repainted. just not sure if they are going to cover all of that under warranty

man they say things happen in three's, my front bumper was first, now this, i'm scared to find out what is going to be next

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused

post #4 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Premium Member

Garage
They will most likely strip and recoat the whole panel.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

i just went out to show a coworker the lifting paint and took a closer look at the other side, and ya it's peeled back from both sides just under the spoiler. i definately want the spoiler taken off and the entire trunk sanded down and repainted. this is absolute crap. i'll get pics up tonight when i get home

post #6 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 04:57 PM

More than likely the dealership will just do a blend job on the affected areas. Getting them to repaint the entire trunk may be an issue. It's under warranty, just go with the flow.
post #7 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 05:32 PM

get them to do the whole trunk! Where in Alberta you from? I used to live in Edmonton and my brother and sister live in Calgary. I'm driving out there in August with the camaro. First road trip in the new ride.

post #8 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

i'm bout an hour south of edmonton outlaw. on the north shore of pigeon lake if you have time for a meet up when you come out in aug you should give us a shout

post #9 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Good ole Pigeon Lake! Yes, I have been there and had good times. I'll pm ya when we head over.

post #10 of 37 Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

i tried to photograph both sides but the pass side came out super blurry. but you'l get a good enough idea from this pic

so again i ask has anyone else had problems with the paint lifting at the spoiler on the trunk

or has anyone seen any bulletins about this

man this really has me down

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page