got my first ticket today - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy got my first ticket today

well i got my first ticket in the camaro today! I knew it was going to happen sooner or later but i at least wanted to be aware that i was breaking the law when i got one..it has been a very bad day for me so i wasnt even paying attention to my speed, heck i wasnt even wearing my seatbelt..he obviously didnt catch that one because sad to say when i seen his lights appear behind me thats when i realized i wasnt wearing it and thought thats what i was getting pulled over for...i sure hope this day starts taking a turn in a better direction!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member

Good Luck!!! Sh*t happens, it will get better soon. Keep your head up

JBA Cat Back Exhaust
Pfadt Adjustable Sport Sway Bars
Pfadt Drop Springs
Misc Appearance Changes

Other Car~93 SVT Lightning #260 w/408
post #3 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 03:56 PM

congrats!!!... i mean... that sucks
hope your day ends up better

Last edited by APCamaro; 07-21-2010 at 03:59 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Sucks to hear hope it gets better

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 04:09 PM

I was driving on the freeway about a week after I got The Camaro.

I came up behind a car that was doing 50 in the left lane in a 55 zone. I flashed my lights to request a move-over but he didn't (move over). The opportunity presented itself so I signaled, stepped down on the gas pedal (just a little bit) and passed him, signaled and changed back to the left lane. I was doing about 68 when I passed him.

I got into the left lane again and looked in the rear view ... red/blue. [email protected] Unmarked cop car. Pulled over, lowered the passenger window and he came up to the car.

He told me he was on the way home and didn't want to go back to the office to do the paperwork and he liked the car so he was gonna gimme a freebie .... this time. I go that way every evening after work and I have seen him a few times since.

He noticed my Cincinnati Microwave Passport Wide Band Laser/Radar unit (was using the curly cord at the time cause I hadn't installed the hidden power cord yet) as he was leaving and I noticed a little irritation in his eyes and he left.

I'm more careful in that area (West Linn, Oregon) now.

@brandi: A seatbelt will wrinkle your dress but a windshield will wrinkle your face. FWIW.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Sorry to hear you're having a sucky day...but you know that ticket was probably inevitable. I am looking forward to my first in Envy, I know it won't take me long. I have a long rap sheet and an attorney on retainer to handle such mishaps. It's all part of the fun...but don't tell your son I said that.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about the bad day and the ticket there is always tomorrow im sure it will get better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Sorry to hear you're having a sucky day...but you know that ticket was probably inevitable. I am looking forward to my first in Envy, I know it won't take me long. I have a long rap sheet and an attorney on retainer to handle such mishaps. It's all part of the fun...but don't tell your son I said that.
You Crack me up
post #8 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJohn View Post
I was driving on the freeway about a week after I got The Camaro.

I came up behind a car that was doing 50 in the left lane in a 55 zone. I flashed my lights to request a move-over but he didn't (move over). The opportunity presented itself so I signaled, stepped down on the gas pedal (just a little bit) and passed him, signaled and changed back to the left lane. I was doing about 68 when I passed him.

I got into the left lane again and looked in the rear view ... red/blue. [email protected] Unmarked cop car. Pulled over, lowered the passenger window and he came up to the car.

He told me he was on the way home and didn't want to go back to the office to do the paperwork and he liked the car so he was gonna gimme a freebie .... this time. I go that way every evening after work and I have seen him a few times since.

He noticed my Cincinnati Microwave Passport Wide Band Laser/Radar unit (was using the curly cord at the time cause I hadn't installed the hidden power cord yet) as he was leaving and I noticed a little irritation in his eyes and he left.

I'm more careful in that area (West Linn, Oregon) now.

@brandi: A seatbelt will wrinkle your dress but a windshield will wrinkle your face. FWIW.
well go figure it was a cop in a mustang so u know the a** was just jealous cause even though i apologized and said its been a bad day he still gave me a $120 ticket...i seem to never get the cool ones that like to pass out warnings!! Oh and i always wear my seatbelt, it was an honest mistake
post #9 of 9 Old 07-21-2010, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Thank u all for your nice replys..u put a smile on my face! i love getting on this site more everyday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page