Modern Camaro Forums banner

New Camaro Hurst Shifter?

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  mrlee 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
#8 ·
Well the kit I baught aftermarket comes with an extra upper stick so you could mount the stock ball back on if you choose. The hurst really does shorten the throw. Check this video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gnqfa7EWYw

#10 ·
Exactly.

#11 ·
I thought the stock shifter was decent too...until I got the hurst. It's not perfect, it does transmit some noise and there's some play (side to side) when it's in gear...but it's better than stock...it shifts great.

#12 ·
Heck yea. I was kinda wondering about that play. Did you install every piece of the dampening kit?

#13 ·
I only ask because I had noise at first then I installed the dampening kit and it went away.

#16 ·
How did you get the ball that color. I would love to get an orange ball for my Hurst but I can't locate one.

#18 ·
Thanks for the infor. Barton has nothing I can find in an orange/black color combo but I did run accross this site.

www.flameball.com

They have alot of options for knobs and they custom make them so you tell thm what your thread size is and they do it. If you don't know you can just give them the Make, Model and year of your car and they will get it done that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.