Camaro vs. Lightning - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 08-05-2010, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Camaro vs. Lightning

My cousin just bought a 2002 Ford Lightning, and he thinks because it is supercharged, it is way faster than my Camaro.

i explained to him stock for stock the Camaro wins hands down, even showed him actual 1/4 mile times from the internet of each.

he goes off to say, "well once i get my intake, headers, pulley and tune it will smoke YOUR camaro."

i explained to him, "well if my camaro was 100% stock, maybe, but realize everything you just listed i already have, and i'm not done with my upgrades!"

seriously, a lightning faster than a camaro??? what a

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 08-05-2010, 09:24 AM

Bahaha. SOme peoples kids.

Highland Chevrolet Aurora
GTA's SLP Specialty Vehicle and Performance Parts
Master Dealer
post #3 of 42 Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM

I cab see where he's coming from having had, and ultimately totaled a lightning they are quick, but the Camaro is going to win.

Wow, your mustang must be really fast cause you were haulin *** when i passed you in my Camaro.

post #4 of 42 Old 08-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Take it to the track and show him right now.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #5 of 42 Old 08-07-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Take it to the track and show him right now.
if only i was in Houston i would!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #6 of 42 Old 08-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Hollar at me when you get back brother!!!!!! I live 2 miles from the track.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #7 of 42 Old 08-07-2010, 11:10 PM

Garage
I like how some people think they automatically win just because they have turbo or supercharger. LMAO

2009 Yamaha R1
2011 Corvette Grand Sport
2010 2SS/RS Black & IOM Modifications
post #8 of 42 Old 08-08-2010, 12:26 AM

Dude, IT IS A PICK-UP TRUCK!! I hate wannabe vehicles. It's like the Porsche Cayenne or a Jeep SRT8. WHY?! Seriously, if you can't figure out your vehicle's identity, stop trying to make it something it is NOT! I blame your cousin for the Lightning, Porsche for making a Turbo-Charged SUV ($108,000.00), and Dodge for the SRT8 Jeep. If you want to lay down rubber, stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and buy a muscle or sports car to come to grips with your vehicle's identity. I hate pretenders. It's like a scrawny nerd with too much money buying a Ducati motorcycle and showing up wearing leather at the bike rally in Sturgis. Makes no sense.

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #9 of 42 Old 08-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkKnightX View Post
Dude, IT IS A PICK-UP TRUCK!! I hate wannabe vehicles. It's like the Porsche Cayenne or a Jeep SRT8. WHY?! Seriously, if you can't figure out your vehicle's identity, stop trying to make it something it is NOT! I blame your cousin for the Lightning, Porsche for making a Turbo-Charged SUV ($108,000.00), and Dodge for the SRT8 Jeep. If you want to lay down rubber, stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and buy a muscle or sports car to come to grips with your vehicle's identity. I hate pretenders. It's like a scrawny nerd with too much money buying a Ducati motorcycle and showing up wearing leather at the bike rally in Sturgis. Makes no sense.

What's wrong with having best of both worlds?

That's like saying a Corvette engine shouldn't belong in a Camaro, because it's not a Corvette.
post #10 of 42 Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post

What's wrong with having best of both worlds?
The thought is nice, but in reality, it doesn't really work. It doesn't look right and it looks desperate. At least to me it does. I own a Cobalt SS/SC and if I even entertained the notion of competing with somebody, I would only view the Civics, Neon SRT4's, and assorted rice as being of the same or similar ilk. Trying to envision my Cobalt, with all the mods and bolt-ons in the world, it would never be a muscle or sports car. It might put up comparable or better times, but I understand the difference and would never consider playing in that league of car. I guess I believe in everything being logically structured. Sorry you disagree, but you are entitled to of course.

This is why I own a Camaro SS/M6 AND a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC/M5.

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Last edited by DkKnightX; 08-08-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page