Electric Supercharger? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Electric Supercharger?

I stumbled upon this advertisement and I'm sure it is complete bologna, but I figured I'd share it with you all anyway. An electric supercharger for $179.99? Are they kidding me? I wouldn't dare try it but has anybody here tried one? Is it complete BS?

http://www.superchargertuning.com/Chevrolet/Camaro/

**The link is only for informational purposes and NOT a solicitation for the company**

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

That is funny!

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #3 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCam1 View Post

That is funny!
I guess you've seen garbage like this before? If you thought that was funny, you should check out the installation video.

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

post #4 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Did you see the blades of the fan that is supposed to "supercharge" the car? I could move more air breaking wind than that silly a$$ed fan could create. That reminds me of the little electronic contraption that plugged in to the harness under your gas pedal that what supposed to give your car tremendous response and extra torque "feel" for $300. It was supposed to take out the "delay" when you stepped on the gas and your car responded. It gave you zero horsepower and zero torque gains and made your car more dangerous to drive in wet weather as it made even light pressure on your gas pedal as though you stomped on the pedal. All for only $300. Major rip-off and only $300. Some crazy people at the Solstice forum bought them too.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1

Last edited by CyCam1; 08-22-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #5 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 12:35 PM

This is SOOOOOOO old. These have been around for 10+ years.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #6 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 12:45 PM

14 day warranty, but you have to pay for shipping and 25% restocking fee. It must be in new condition and in the original packing.

Not much of a warranty.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

My friend bought one of these when he first got his car, I told him no, but to this day he insisted he gave him power, that car got destroyed.
post #8 of 18 Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member

Electric superchargers do exist. They are smaller versions of centrifugal SC's like the ones you get from VORTEC or Paxton and they have pretty much a starter sized electric drive motor and produce up to 4lbs of boost. Not much, but it is meant for engines that need the boost but can't handle the parasitic loss of a conventional SC drive system.

That link is nothing more than a rip off.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
post #9 of 18 Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
post #10 of 18 Old 08-22-2010, 09:44 AM
A New Camaro, Excellent!

Ya that crap has been around for ages. I remember when i got my first 4th gen, they were advertising it as the "Tornado".

All it will do is pull from your electric power and obscure your intake system.

Ain't no such thing as free or cheap horsepower. Nitrous & cai are as close as they come for cheap horsepower.

You got to pay if you want to play.

1998 White Buick Regal GS
2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe
2007 Honda Accord Coupe
2009 Silver Metallic Chevy Tahoe
2011 Convertible Camaro SS comming soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page