...back from Milford... my thoughts... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

...back from Milford... my thoughts...

...to the admins, ...if there is another thread started on this that I overlooked, ...feel free to move there.

We're physically back from Milford, ...but I can honestly say, ...mentally my mind is still racing with all that we were able to experience.

The one thing that sticks with this trip, ...is the things we can not say. I know that may sound 'lame', ...but there's good reason GM does NOT want things leaked.
For the times we've been to Milford we have an have not at times been allowed to bring our cameras to take pics. It's catch-22 though, ...since if you can bring your camera, ..you can get some really cool shots. On the other hand, ...if we're told to leave them behind (as was the case this trip), ...well, ...you get to see some really cool stuff.

So, ..some thoughts, in no particular order:

- Is chevy working on a certain model Camaro?
...we can't say for sure, ... and neither will they.
- Chevy is constantly looking at and working on it's offerings, ...we saw some of that in motion. What we could see and hear? ...as has been said before, ...keep the faith. I think good things are to come...
- The level of passion the engineering and product team has, is without a doubt, ...second to NONE. They are absolutely committed to getting things right.
- Are they listening? ...you bet they are. When we hear the level of scrutiny they place on each and every issue, ...it amazes me. As we sat there discussing things, ...they ARE taking notes, ...AND taking action.
Will the car have every thing every person wants? ...no. But there is NO question in my mind that they are doing every possible thing they can so that this car is the BEST in it's class and pleases as many as possible.

- There is NO question the team is WELL AWARE of what the competition has, ......AND they are playing offense.

As for the experience, ...surreal in so many ways. Meeting with old friends is priceless, ... being given exposure to GM's world at Milford, ...and getting to test drive the latest and greatest, ...it's a real life fantasy.
Again, ...in no particlular order:

-we got to drive the convertible. It looks great with the top up, ...and even better with it down ; ). The attention the engineers are giving this is literally amazing. For those of you waiting for the vert, ...rest assured nothing is being compromised.
-One of the most EYE OPENING experiences for me, ...was (believe it or not), ....driving..... a Mustang GT convertible (6sp). The one thing that CLEARLY stood out for me was, ...the suspension seemed so unpredictable. If you drive the Camaro it was just much more balanced.

- the CTSV coupe is an amazing machine, If you just think luxury, ...you are going to be shocked at the power, .....WOW!
- The Grand Sport is awsome, ...it's a vette, you expect performance but this thing really sits you in your seat, ...loved it!

...I know the above doesn't share many details, ...but it was reiterated to us, ...the importance of not giving your gameplan to the competition. Think about it, ...if we were to sit here and ellaborate on the specifics, ...don't think for a second the others wouldn't be taking detailed notes to one up GM. Right now, ...from what we can see, ...that is not, and will not be the case.

In the end, ...I know it's been said before, but, ... KEEP THE FAITH

Kevin

Last edited by KevinK; 08-24-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 PM

very well put, Kevin. i couldn't have said it any better

the weekend was awesome and it went by too fast, but the future looks bright!!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member

Nice write up. I worked for GM for 31.5 years and I know what you say is true about not wanting for their secrets to get out. I know it was an awesome experience for you to drive some of the latest cars. Nice to hear about the Mustang GT not stacking up to the Camaro in suspension and handling.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1

post #4 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

I just wish I knew what they're planning with the Alpha platform! I think it's safe to say with all of the spy shots and such the Z28 is coming, and it's going to look very much like Jay's Camaro.
post #5 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member

Any word on the OnStar antenna?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #6 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Any word on the OnStar antenna?

really!!!!

even the one on my new truck is oddly placed and bulky!!!

i'm very eager to see the Z28, or whatever you guys call it

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #7 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

how does one become part of the camaro focus group?

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #8 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member

We won't see a redesign on the Camaro until the alpha correct? I believe the 05+ mustang (S197) will be getting a new platform in 2015 and a new design.
post #9 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

...becoming a part of the focus group was basically a selection process made by GM from essays that were submitted (I believe it was the GM Insider's website), ...and LUCK. Yes, we are very fortunate to be a part of this, ..don't think for a second we all don't realize this.

As for the other questions in the prior posts, ...in lieu of no response (and I know this doesn't help), but we can't comment on:
A: Things that have not been confimed by GM
B: Things that we do know, ...and have been told to not say anything.
post #10 of 31 Old 08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
What do you think about the taillights in my video???

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page