...back from Milford... my thoughts...
...to the admins, ...if there is another thread started on this that I overlooked, ...feel free to move there.
We're physically back from Milford, ...but I can honestly say, ...mentally my mind is still racing with all that we were able to experience.
The one thing that sticks with this trip, ...is the things we can not say. I know that may sound 'lame', ...but there's good reason GM does NOT want things leaked.
For the times we've been to Milford we have an have not at times been allowed to bring our cameras to take pics. It's catch-22 though, ...since if you can bring your camera, ..you can get some really cool shots. On the other hand, ...if we're told to leave them behind (as was the case this trip), ...well, ...you get to see some really cool stuff.
So, ..some thoughts, in no particular order:
- Is chevy working on a certain model Camaro?
...we can't say for sure, ... and neither will they.
- Chevy is constantly looking at and working on it's offerings, ...we saw some of that in motion. What we could see and hear? ...as has been said before, ...keep the faith. I think good things are to come...
- The level of passion the engineering and product team has, is without a doubt, ...second to NONE. They are absolutely committed to getting things right.
- Are they listening? ...you bet they are. When we hear the level of scrutiny they place on each and every issue, ...it amazes me. As we sat there discussing things, ...they ARE taking notes, ...AND taking action.
Will the car have every thing every person wants? ...no. But there is NO question in my mind that they are doing every possible thing they can so that this car is the BEST in it's class and pleases as many as possible.
- There is NO question the team is WELL AWARE of what the competition has, ......AND they are playing offense.
As for the experience, ...surreal in so many ways. Meeting with old friends is priceless, ... being given exposure to GM's world at Milford, ...and getting to test drive the latest and greatest, ...it's a real life fantasy.
Again, ...in no particlular order:
-we got to drive the convertible. It looks great with the top up, ...and even better with it down ; ). The attention the engineers are giving this is literally amazing. For those of you waiting for the vert, ...rest assured nothing is being compromised.
-One of the most EYE OPENING experiences for me, ...was (believe it or not), ....driving..... a Mustang GT convertible (6sp). The one thing that CLEARLY stood out for me was, ...the suspension seemed so unpredictable. If you drive the Camaro it was just much more balanced.
- the CTSV coupe is an amazing machine, If you just think luxury, ...you are going to be shocked at the power, .....WOW!
- The Grand Sport is awsome, ...it's a vette, you expect performance but this thing really sits you in your seat, ...loved it!
...I know the above doesn't share many details, ...but it was reiterated to us, ...the importance of not giving your gameplan to the competition. Think about it, ...if we were to sit here and ellaborate on the specifics, ...don't think for a second the others wouldn't be taking detailed notes to one up GM. Right now, ...from what we can see, ...that is not, and will not be the case.
In the end, ...I know it's been said before, but, ... KEEP THE FAITH
Last edited by KevinK; 08-24-2010 at 06:20 PM.