Wiper Arm Plastic Bolt Covers - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-28-2010, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Wiper Arm Plastic Bolt Covers

Has anyone had any problems with the plastic snap-on covers that cover the bolt on the wiper arms? In the process of wiping down the engine compartment I noticed the passenger side cover was gone??? Looked closer and found it laying on the corner of the outside air intake cover. Checked the drivers side and it was loose, just lifted it right off and two of the three prong snaps were broken as was one of the prongs on the passenger side.....Just wondering if it may be just my Camaro or possibly others.

10 Camaro LS/Magnaflow Exhaust/K&N CAI
08 Miata Grand Touring
06 Honda Civic EX
92 Honda Accord LX
73 Ford F-100, 302, 2 bbl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Def not the greatest design, they simply press on to the wiper arm nut! You can silicone them on or the like. Still removable if you ever had to remove the arms themselves...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #3 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 08:23 AM

Yea they suck. I thaught I was gonna be lucky. They held on for almost 10 months and then last Friday went to a muscle car get together and opened the hood.......Low and behold driverside cover missing......

Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, Texas Speed High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch Cat Back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor
My car is exactly that; No one has to like it but me!

post #4 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Probably will silicone 'em on AND tell the service dept how bad they are. Hey, IOMCowboy - digg'in the hurst shifter, at least it looks like the hurst. Saw where you can install 'em from the top with no probs. Thanks for the replies.

10 Camaro LS/Magnaflow Exhaust/K&N CAI
08 Miata Grand Touring
06 Honda Civic EX
92 Honda Accord LX
73 Ford F-100, 302, 2 bbl
post #5 of 7 Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Yep, it's not an uncommon problem.
Dealers will warranty the covers, but it is certainly annoying.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 7 Old 08-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Premium Member

Just had mine replaced......as they were missing...

2011 White Convertible 1LT IOM, Full JDM Colorshift Halo upgrade, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors and Engine cover, Pace Setter Cat Back Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21x9.5 and 21X8.5 Full Custom Cromed 21" GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full IOM dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Darkness View Post
Probably will silicone 'em on AND tell the service dept how bad they are. Hey, IOMCowboy - digg'in the hurst shifter, at least it looks like the hurst. Saw where you can install 'em from the top with no probs. Thanks for the replies.
No problem man. I am always happy to help.

I just saw the fisrt pics of the factory Hurst. I wish they had used a different ball than stock but atleast you know you can go and buy a different upper stick and replace the ball.

Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, Texas Speed High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch Cat Back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor
My car is exactly that; No one has to like it but me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page