My First 5th Gen Test Drive - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-31-2010, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

My First 5th Gen Test Drive

Well last night we had our new to us (used) truck into our chevy dealership to get a good look over for any problems and while we were waiting for the 2 hour inspection, I decided that I would take a used 2010 2SS out for a quick spin. It was an Automatic and not a manual like I would prefer but I wanted to get an overall feel on how the vehicle would feel sitting in the driver seat and driving it. I wasn't sure how closed in I would feel but I gotta say it wasn't near as bad as I thought it might be from the times I've sat in one on the lot. It rode very nice and comfortably. Overall I was very impressed at how nimble and light the car feels even though I know it tips the scales close to or slightly above 3900 lbs. I have to say it didn't "Feel" any heavier than my 2002 SS. So now my Camaro fever just went from a slight one to a major fever!! It did take me a couple of times to figure out the sport mode vs manual mode with the shifter but I got it figured out.
I'm anxiously waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and order one. It will likely either be a 2011 Synergy Green 2SS or I'll wait for the 2012 models to come out and see what kind of "New Performance" options are available!!
I can see why the permagrin never gets old!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
It is the best driving car i ever owned

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-31-2010, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

I would probably call Camaro Scotty and place an order for a 2011 Synergy Green but we are also planning an addition onto our house this year with a nice 50ft x 50ft attached garage so I can work on my Camaro(s). So I'm not sure if ordering one by this November will be in the cards right now but I originally told myself when the 5th gen came out that I would wait until 2012 so there would be exactly 10 years between my 4th gen and 5th gen. I'm still having trouble deciding what I would like more. A bright Synergy Green 2SS or wait for a 2012 Z something or other

post #4 of 5 Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
It is the best driving car i ever owned
You are clearly biased!!

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #5 of 5 Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Good to hear, Nick!
Man, you won't regret it. Such an awesome car.

I beat the piss out of mine for 14K miles so far, and it's as solid as day one.
They really nailed it with this car!!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page