Stopped at a 7-11 the other day. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Stopped at a 7-11 the other day.

So I go into the 7-11 to get a Sprite and it takes me all of 3 minutes to go into the store ... get the Sprite and pay for it and then head back out the door.

I had parked my Camaro as far away from other cars as I normally do and of course it's like a magnet. When I got back there was a lady parked next to me getting some things out of her car for some reason and of course she had too many items for her two hands.

There is a plastic bag of stuff sitting on the trunk of my Camaro!!!!111one

As I walk by I pick up the bag and casually drop it on the ground between the cars.

She, of course, asks in a rather disturbed tone (after the glass breaking sound) why I did that. I told her in an even and low tone, "This is not a table. This is not even a typical car ... it's a fricken' Camaro. You should actually be caned for this."

I left her standing there with her mouth agape.

Some peoples kids. I swear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

wow! she set stuff on your car and she didnt even know you!?!?! thats nuts. i would have thrown the bag at her car.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #3 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 02:00 PM

OK, here's the two problems with this situation:

1. You are correct, the woman should not have put the bag on your Camaro. The world is not her storage facility.

2. Instead of dropping the bag on the ground, you should have asked the woman if it was hers. When she said yes, you should have politely given it to her instead of dropping it on the ground. Nothing would have broken and the situation would not have been as dramatic.

My two cents; hope that helps

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer."

Commitment= attending college
Action= graduating
Dream= graduating college with a new Camaro

post #4 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS112 View Post

1. You are correct, the woman should not have put the bag on your Camaro. The world is not her storage facility.

2. Instead of dropping the bag on the ground, you should have asked the woman if it was hers. When she said yes, you should have politely given it to her instead of dropping it on the ground. Nothing would have broken and the situation would not have been as dramatic.

The only problem with #2 is, next time she'll park next to a ZR-1 and put her bags on the hood...The owner will pull out his / her glock, and proceed to unload.... The way I see it, she more than likely will never do this again, therefore he just saved her life.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #5 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS112 View Post

I understand that a less aggressive solution could have been better, but it was a knee-jerk reaction....and it was my Camaro.

Thanx for the reminder, though. Good point.
post #6 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJohn View Post
I understand that a less aggressive solution could have been better, but it was a knee-jerk reaction....and it was my Camaro.

Thanx for the reminder, though. Good point.
Just tryin' to help out. Logic and reasoning can solve most simple problems, in my opininion

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer."

Commitment= attending college
Action= graduating
Dream= graduating college with a new Camaro
post #7 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJohn View Post
So I go into the 7-11 to get a Sprite and it takes me all of 3 minutes to go into the store ... get the Sprite and pay for it and then head back out the door.

I had parked my Camaro as far away from other cars as I normally do and of course it's like a magnet. When I got back there was a lady parked next to me getting some things out of her car for some reason and of course she had too many items for her two hands.

There is a plastic bag of stuff sitting on the trunk of my Camaro!!!!111one

As I walk by I pick up the bag and casually drop it on the ground between the cars.

She, of course, asks in a rather disturbed tone (after the glass breaking sound) why I did that. I told her in an even and low tone, "This is not a table. This is not even a typical car ... it's a fricken' Camaro. You should actually be caned for this."

I left her standing there with her mouth agape.

Some peoples kids. I swear.
Hey tough guy. Relax. I would have just yelled at her and said please remove your things from my car. Don't exaggerate and say your car is something other than a car, for all intents and purposes, even though the car is special to you. In fact, I wouldn't have said anything to her whatsoever. I then would have picked up her things, gently placed them on the ground, ignored her whining and gesturing and drove away. If she refused to move out of the way, you should have counted down from 3 before running her dumb ass over.

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Last edited by DkKnightX; 09-17-2010 at 04:04 PM.
post #8 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkKnightX View Post
Hey tough guy. Relax. I would have just yelled at her and said please remove your things from my car. Don't exaggerate and say your car is something other than a car, for all intents and purposes, even though the car is special to you. In fact, I wouldn't have said anything to her whatsoever. I then would have picked up her things, gently placed them on the ground, ignored her whining and gesturing and drove away. If she refused to move out of the way, you should have counted down from 3 before running her dumb ass over.
I could have handled it better but I didn't ... shoulda done alotta things in my life different but I didn't.

Not a tough-guy, just over-protective of my possessions.

But that's just me.

Regards,
DJ
post #9 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Some people (this woman) have no common sense at all. They are simple morons that blindly go through life with out a freaken clue. You merely awakened her a$$ for a few seconds. I don't think I would have broke her stuff but I would have *****ed her out but good.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #10 of 41 Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCam1 View Post
Some people (this woman) have no common sense at all. They are simple morons that blindly go through life with out a freaken clue. You merely awakened her a$$ for a few seconds. I don't think I would have broke her stuff but I would have *****ed her out but good.
The breaking was unintentional. A jar of mustard or pickles or something but I just wanted it off my car and did it in the most expedient manner. Perhaps not the most friendly, but the quickest way.

[edit]

Besides ... I was pissed!

[/edit]

Last edited by DrJohn; 09-17-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page