Yellow Camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 09-17-2010, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Question Yellow Camaro

Hello I am new to the forums and just had a quick question. I ordered a white 1ss with a black stripe. I was waiting for 3 weeks for it to come only to hear today that it has been held up at GM due to damage. I was then offered a yellow ss with a black stripe at the same price (was originally higher but since I've been waiting they dropped it). I dont have a problem with the yellow and black stripe but I want to know what others opinions are on the color. Is it a show off color like HEY LOOK AT ME!!!!! and will it be odd that I am buying one?( I am a male)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 PM

My wife said if she got the car she would have gotten yellow. I see the color and it screams "LOOK AT ME"

It is definately noticable. But I'd get what you want.
post #3 of 29 Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 PM

Color is a personal preference! I'm female and as you can see, mine is CGM w/black stripes. I don't associate a color to a gender, unless you choose to put pink or rainbow stripes on it, then maaaybee . I have friends that are guys that drive yellow Camaros. Yellow is an eye catcher, and it will catch everyone's eye, so be prepared for that.

The car is an eye catcher, I have been followed home 4 times by the local police since I got him in May.

Just get it, and enjoy!

2SS/RS CGM/Black

post #4 of 29 Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

i love yellow, but that's just me. i had a friend who had ordered a Camaro and it got damaged too. she went ahead and reordered what she wanted and they pushed it thru quick for her.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #5 of 29 Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Eye catcher what is an eye catcher???
post #6 of 29 Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Don't settle...get what YOU want!

And welcome to
post #7 of 29 Old 09-17-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Don't settle...get what YOU want!

And welcome to
unfortunately i cannot do that as they stopped making the color i wanted so the white was next and they messed up the car.
post #8 of 29 Old 09-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

All the colors look good IMO. But from experience, yellow attracts a LOT of attention. Even from bees. Seriously. I thought it was just the Zaino when it was freshly applied, but in Oshawa, they were buzzing around and landing on it there, too.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #9 of 29 Old 09-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member

Can you withdraw the order without losing a deposit, then re-order on a different allocation so you can order the same options again? That way you don't get a "damaged" and repaired car, but the same car you wanted (sans discontinued color) in the first place.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #10 of 29 Old 09-19-2010, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_SS View Post
Can you withdraw the order without losing a deposit, then re-order on a different allocation so you can order the same options again? That way you don't get a "damaged" and repaired car, but the same car you wanted (sans discontinued color) in the first place.

I actually went through and bought the yellow. I didn't notice at firstbut I'm pretty sure it has the bumble bee package and looks awesome. Its got the RS package so the halo lights are amazing. Only hit 102 mph so far and that was in 3rd I love my camaro ..as for an eye catcher..I drove by some people and they were like screaming CAMARO!!! So yes very noticable. I will try to get some pics up here soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page