Got me a perm - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Got me a perm

Well even though I'm a Ford F150 owner I was cleaning up some for sale items at Camaro 5 and ran across another disgruntled owner of the MRT mufflers (drone issue).

His replies from the MRT paid spokesman (or test mule) scrming was as usual blaming everything but the MRT mufflers.

So I had to reply (I couldn't resist) that the poster was right and that he should warn others wanting the MRT not to discard their stock mufflers in case they want to switch back because of the drone issue.

Well I was permanently banned because of some trumped up charges. Actually I was given a 1 month ban and then I replied in a tone that implied that my life will still go on without camaro5 since I sold all my accessories (LOL).

I know you are on here scrming. I just want to say that I luv yu man!

Add muscle to your muscle car.
Use P90X
9/14/10- Traded in Camaro for a 2010 F150 Lariat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 10-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

You will do anything to be like Camaro Scotty wont you ?

I think he gets banned over there just to feel loved by them
post #3 of 30 Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 AM

I got perma banned over there, don't worry .

post #4 of 30 Old 10-15-2010, 03:26 AM

it's ok, the SLP LM1 kit is better anyways haha

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member
post #5 of 30 Old 10-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member

ive been banend from there about 3 years ago. just make up another name and get back in there!

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #6 of 30 Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 AM

They banned me again because they read private messages there.

I posted how one of their sponsors was scamming people selling a home made vented oil cap for $49 shipped when you can make it for less than $12. I got a pm from another member explaining that he called out the vendor on a different product and got banned and was on his second account.

Well I told him that I was using my second account ect ect.

Later I post in the member feedback section how I felt about them taking down my thread THAT WAS LOOKING OUT FOR THEIR MEMBERS......What do those ass clowns do? They read my PMs see that I have two accounts and ban one.

The reason I know they read my pms is because I mentioned having two accounts to only 1 person in one pm. I didnt mention my other account name to him so they only banned one of my accounts. LOL that site is such a sham.

Facts about Camaro5.com

1. They read your PMs.
2. They care about vendors more than members.
3. If you make a mod look stupid in a thread....they erase the post or the thread.
4. If you make a senior member look stupid they erase that post or thread.
5. A bit ban happy.

I called them out on erasing so many posts and threads and they erased that too. LOLLOLOLOL.

Then someone else asked them why they have so many threads with extra pages that dont exist. They said it was because of deleted posts.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
post #7 of 30 Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

I got a lifetime ban and they even banned my computer IP address, because I told off a moderator. I ask why they kept erasing my posts and he said because he could. I called him on it and said he must own part of the product that I questioned. He said if I brought it up again I would be banned. I said fine but also said he didn't have to be an idiot about it and he banned me. I PMed him and from another identity and let him have it. They banned my IP address. I am glad because I like this site way better anyway. The folks on here are really nice good people and are civilized and have some etiquette.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #8 of 30 Old 10-16-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Well even though I'm a Ford F150 owner I was cleaning up some for sale items at Camaro 5 and ran across another disgruntled owner of the MRT mufflers (drone issue).

His replies from the MRT paid spokesman (or test mule) scrming was as usual blaming everything but the MRT mufflers.

So I had to reply (I couldn't resist) that the poster was right and that he should warn others wanting the MRT not to discard their stock mufflers in case they want to switch back because of the drone issue.

Well I was permanently banned because of some trumped up charges. Actually I was given a 1 month ban and then I replied in a tone that implied that my life will still go on without camaro5 since I sold all my accessories (LOL).

I know you are on here scrming. I just want to say that I luv yu man!
Honestly, camaro5 and their Nazi leader Tran seriously needs a better understanding of freedom of speech because they ban entirely too many people on reflex over merit; legitimate disagreements tastefully written out but still met with brute force. If you aren't a member there yet, I encourage you to remain anonymous and if you are already a member, you had best not speak out against what is generally accepted there (going against the grain) or you will quickly feel their wrath.

Tran is an utter liar, making none of his moderators/administrators available to discuss why you are banned and then if you harmlessly make a secondary screen name to discuss the issue in PM's, he bans you again or extends your initial ban.

DGThe3 recommended ModernCamaro and I'm grateful for his recommendation but camaro5 is hugely overrated. These guys even banned CamaroScotty for a time. You've got to be kidding me. Glad I'm done there.

Trado, glad you stuck up for yourself man. Know what is funny is that half the moderators/admins at Camaro5 don't even own Camaros of ANY generation. I'm looking at you DGThe-Wannabe. Bahahahaha!!!! F'ing loser.

I'm perma-banned myself!!

Consensus? Canadians with no sense of humor shouldn't be running a forum like camaro5.com

I've always wondered what their allure was with their member P.Q. They kiss his feet like royalty. LOL!!

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Last edited by DkKnightX; 10-16-2010 at 01:08 AM.
post #9 of 30 Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

Some of the sniping toward C5 seems like sour grapes. I'm not defending them by any means, as they probably deserve a slap in the head for some of the retarded things they do. But that's really not a reason to vent over here about it. And on a privately owned forum, there IS NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH. People tend to forget that. Owners/Mods cannot legally change your posts or add/delete sections to change the context of your message, but they can delete them at will. Unless you're paying the bills, you pretty much have nothing to say about it.

I joined over there because to me, I like to explore all avenues of obtaining information about the 5th gen. I like hanging out here much more because there's a tendency of the membership to be/act a bit more mature as a whole. There's some that post makes me wonder who allowed them to get close to a keyboard. But there are some good folks over there as well.

To me, it's not a "war" between the sites. Each site has its merits. Each site has its "usual suspects" and how issues are dealt with.

IMO, and my opinion only, this site is run more like Chirpthird.com, the Camaro SSoA forum which sorta took over for the now-defunct SLP Eng. forums. And I mean that in a good way. More level-headed and reason-based problem solving, as it were.

Internet muscles flare up and get larger sometimes. Disagreements happen. But that doesn't mean you have to be disagreeable, from either side.

When in Rome, do as they do. You got to learn their culture. If you can deal, then you survive. But if you can't assimilate, then GTFO. That site isn't for you. Seems simple to me.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #10 of 30 Old 10-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

sorry for all y'all that are members overe there... but that stuff is exactly why i have never been, nor ever will be a member of that site.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page