SCUFFS IN THE INTERIOR - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 10-29-2010, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

SCUFFS IN THE INTERIOR

Ok I know this is going to sound crazy BUT, no matter what I do I can not prevent from getting white scuff marks on the inside door panels. I can detail the car to the max and it will look perfect, all I have to do is go to the store and get in and out of it once and there they are again scuff marks. I had this same problem in my 06 VETTE and also in my 09 G8. Let me say it is really getting to me

2010 VICTORY RED
2 LT
RS
6 SP
VIN # 8835
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED RS View Post
Ok I know this is going to sound crazy BUT, no matter what I do I can not prevent from getting white scuff marks on the inside door panels. I can detail the car to the max and it will look perfect, all I have to do is go to the store and get in and out of it once and there they are again scuff marks. I had this same problem in my 06 VETTE and also in my 09 G8. Let me say it is really getting to me
I hear ya. The really annoying part about this is the plastic paneling at the bottom of the doors. Always getting scuffed and marked (not seriously), but it is really annoying. Get get in and out of the car without having to worry that you might accidentally push the door open too hard or in the wrong spot and cause scuffing. Have this problem in every Chevy I've owned but my 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26. My 2006 Cobalt SS/SC and my previous 1998 Camaro Convertible had SERIOUS problems with this especially. Not just scuffing on the cheap-ass plastic but actually scratching and interior damage. Wish GM would get a clue about this and add protected foot placements or something creative to open these doors without running risks of scuffing.

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #3 of 24 Old 10-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

Just be more careful. I hit mine every so often however no matter if its my Shoe's ( most of the time ) or my Boots it wipes off with no marks.
Just be more Careful and quit being in such a hurry

I even step out of the car rather than slide out so im not breaking the sides down of the seat.

Life is to fast to hurrry all the time......ok maybe I should say unless you are behind the wheel dont be so fast to get around in life

post #4 of 24 Old 10-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED RS View Post
Are you guys looking for something like this...

http://showstopperaccessories.com/pr...k-Plates.html#

(sorry, still trying to get the hang of my iPad and couldn't paste pic)
post #5 of 24 Old 10-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Just be more careful. I hit mine every so often however no matter if its my Shoe's ( most of the time ) or my Boots it wipes off with no marks.
Just be more Careful and quit being in such a hurry

I even step out of the car rather than slide out so im not breaking the sides down of the seat.

Life is to fast to hurrry all the time......ok maybe I should say unless you are behind the wheel dont be so fast to get around in life
You should try living in the Tri-State Area bud. IMPOSSIBLE NOT to be in a hurry!

You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

post #6 of 24 Old 10-29-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
Are you guys looking for something like this...

http://showstopperaccessories.com/pr...k-Plates.html#

(sorry, still trying to get the hang of my iPad and couldn't paste pic)
VERY nice Mr. Venture, very nice indeed! I'll have to see how they are installed. I might do it!! Thanks for the link!!

Heh Heh Heh Heh. I'm at post....1-6-9....Heh Heh Heh Heh

post #7 of 24 Old 10-29-2010, 06:24 PM

scuffs?

You get in your new car with your shoes on??
lol lol seriously, I try very hard to avoid touching... The salesman got me new sill plates, as my car had been in shows, and left marks on them.. (THE whole plastic sill, not the plate) I have a 29 inch inseam,so I can get in and out faster.. I would like something, like you showed, but not polished carl
post #8 of 24 Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 AM

Another reason I'm redoing the ENTIRE interior of the car.
post #9 of 24 Old 10-30-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

scuffs

Well guys I am glad it's not only me. I realize it is easy to clean but even the edge of your finger opening the door scuffs. You spend all this $$$$$ and these issues

2010 VICTORY RED
2 LT
RS
6 SP
VIN # 8835
post #10 of 24 Old 10-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

i applied Adam's Leather Conditioner to my door @ kick panels. i haven't seen a scuff mark since.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page