WHITE SHIFTER KNOB - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-19-2010, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

WHITE SHIFTER KNOB

First of all I just want to say (man I love my car). It is just 6 months old and I have 3900 miles on it. But here is my question: I have a M6 V-6 and I want to put a white shift knob for that old look, not to mention how cool it would look with the black leather interior. I have not been able to find just a white knob to change without changing any shifter. Plus the ones I see have reverse all the way over to the right, which in my car it is all the way over to the left. Any help would be appreciated from you camaro guys & gals.

2010 VICTORY RED
2 LT
RS
6 SP
VIN # 8835
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 PM

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for... but consider it. The feel is SO much better than stock.

WHITE SHIFTER KNOB-dsc01596.jpg

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
For all the details on BBOMG-4 taking place in St. Catharines Ontario, Click Here!
post #3 of 7 Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 PM

i read the hurst shifter in the v6 m6 uses the stock knob...that seems like it would look dumb....anyone have a pic of a hurst shifter on an m6 v6?

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member

post #4 of 7 Old 11-30-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
i read the hurst shifter in the v6 m6 uses the stock knob...that seems like it would look dumb....anyone have a pic of a hurst shifter on an m6 v6?
We have been over this at least once... search. YES you can use the stock knoba nd it looks EXACTLY like OEM, stock knob and boot. No one would know by looking.

Here is the ball Hurst provide:

YES you can use the white HURST ball on the M6 V6 BUT the engraved H pattern is wrong due to the location of reverse being different V6 to V8.

IMO the white ball is ugly in the all black interior. I opted the extra $50 for this one. Looks much better and there is no redundant H pattern on the V8 and the issue of it being wrong on the V6 is gone since... there is no engraved pattern.

post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 PM

Just to clarify for the OP'r; the pics we've shown here are the Hurst shifter kit with the Hurst flat stick and knobs. The upright shaft in the Hurst kit is in 2 pieces. They bolt together just below the boot in the picture. The kit comes with the chrome flat upper stick (shown) AND a 2nd upper stick that is designed to take the stock knob (not shown). That way you get the stock look but the hurst feel. Besides the obvious difference in the stick, the connection point for the 2 knobs is NOT the same. The stock knobs press onto the top of the stick (smooth tapered stick with a keyway to prevent rotation) while the hurst knobs shown thread onto the flat stick.

I'm sure someone out there makes a que-ball style knob that simply presses onto the stock stick. I just haven't seen one. The main problem is the boot. In the stock set-up the boot is zip-tied to the chrome bezzle at the bottom of the stock knob. It's all one piece (that bezzle and the knob). Remove the knob and you need to do something with the boot. It doesn't have finished edges and the stock stick is not pretty - so you don't want it exposed. Hope that helps.

Wow.... I'm glad we're talking about shifters here

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
For all the details on BBOMG-4 taking place in St. Catharines Ontario, Click Here!

Last edited by CdnCamaro; 11-30-2010 at 09:30 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 PM

I have the Hurst shifter in my SS with the white ball and like it cause it's old school. Check Hurst's web site as the most likely have the set up for the V6 now since they just did a Hurst V6 Camaro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0484.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	7753  
post #7 of 7 Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldchevyguy View Post
I have the Hurst shifter in my SS with the white ball and like it cause it's old school. Check Hurst's web site as the most likely have the set up for the V6 now since they just did a Hurst V6 Camaro
Agreed...That is why I also have the white ball. It does give it that old school,nostalga look.

1SS/RS,yellow on black,6M,polished wheels THANK YOU CAMARO SCOTTY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page