Question for RS owners - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
Question for RS owners

I was washing Envy today when I noticed something a little different about her driver's side roof ditch molding. There appeared to be a space on the outer (door) side of the entire molding.

My trees are dropping their leaves right now, so it came to my attention because several of the small leaves actually washed into the space and disappeared. So I pulled up the molding and was shocked to see that it was full of crap. This prompted me to pull up the other one, even though it looked like it was okay. It too had crap in it, just not as much. If this debris were to sit there for any period, it would likely damage the molding and/or the paint, I think. And I haven't read anywhere that the roof ditches should be checked or maintained in any way...more

So my question is...since the body color roof ditch moldings are part of the RS package...Are any of you RS owners having this issue?

My car came from the factory as a non RS and originally had the rubber roof ditch moldings. They went into the ditch and filled it well. But I upgraded to an RS package at my dealership and that included purchasing paintable roof ditch moldings and having them painted and installed. So maybe this is just a problem with my car...hence, the question.

Here are some pictures of the moldings and all the crap that I found inside of them.

Here's the driver's side:

Here's the passenger side:

Here's what I found under the front end of the left roof ditch molding:

And here's what I found under the rear of the left roof ditch molding:

And even though the right (passenger) roof ditch molding looked fine, I found this under the front end of it:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 11-22-2010, 07:16 PM

Im not having any issues with it.I would not worry about it im sure anywhere there is a groove you are bound to get something in there at some point. When i was my car i just use the powerwash to clear anything that might get trapped in there.
post #3 of 23 Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry my RS has t-tops

post #4 of 23 Old 11-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Veteran Member

i havent even checked mine. but when you clean it, spray the hose in the cracks to getthe stuff to come out. i dont park mine outside so i dont really give it a chance to get anything in there.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #5 of 23 Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i havent even checked mine. but when you clean it, spray the hose in the cracks to getthe stuff to come out. i dont park mine outside so i dont really give it a chance to get anything in there.
I DO wash the stuff out of the cracks...this was what was still in there afterwards. I use a pressure washer but it obviously hasn't been effective.
post #6 of 23 Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM

Garage
Mine also sits in the garage. And I would never park under a tree if it didn't. Used to park under a tree with my Silverado back in the day and the paint was ruined from leaf stains, bird S--t, tree sap and what ever else falls out of the atmosphere here in Ca. Good luck with that.

2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, Rear Trailing Arms, Rotors, End Links, Tunnel Brace, Rear Tie Rods, 1G Suspension Package, Stage 3 CNC ported heads, R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk and Dome LED Lighting, RED B/A Pedals, Ported TB, 621RWHP/584TQ
post #7 of 23 Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 AM

wow didn't even notice..........I will check later

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #8 of 23 Old 11-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Yeah mine is Garage kept and when it's outside it's never under any trees or anything else..... It might be just because it was done at the dealership, have U checked with them???

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #9 of 23 Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 PM

If I found that on mine... I would trade it immediately.... My car had never been under a tree so no problem..... How about a convertible? Green.... that would solve the problem......
post #10 of 23 Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 PM

I park mine in a carport at night and not under trees at work, haven't had this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page