RON BAKER CHEVY / SAN DIEGO - STAY AWAY MILITARY - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-27-2010, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down RON BAKER CHEVY / SAN DIEGO - STAY AWAY MILITARY

I first visited Ron Baker Chevrolet in January 2007 to purchase a Chevy Avalanche LTZ. The Sales lady was not very helpful. She had the "take it or leave it" type of attitude. "I would have to work this Saturday to get the vehicle you want so I really can't budge much on the price." (She actually said that to my face... out loud!) I found the Avalanche she would have had to take an hour out of her day to retrieve, I drove to THAT dealership, and bought it.

During my time owning this truck I had it serviced at Ron Baker and Mike Atkins always was extremely helpful and was the very reason I decided to give the Ron Baker sales staff another shot when I was ready to purchase a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS. I let the sales staff know I am eligible for the GM Military discount. Then David M. in sales came back with "After talking to all the Managers, What they want me to do is to charge MSRP for the Camaro." (that is a cut-paste from the email, not my words, HIS!) I contacted GM about why I wasn't offered the Military discount I qualify for, they contacted Ron Baker Chevy and I was told to try again because they changed their mind about offering me the discount. I then got another quote from them which still did not come close to the price I had negotiated with another local dealer. (almost a $1,000 difference.)

I have since spoke with another local military member that qualified for the GM Military discount. He purchased a 2011 Camaro at Ron Baker. I asked him if he received the discount. He said yes, but they marked up the car about $3,000 over MSRP THEN took off the "discount". (I got the same car he did for $2,500 UNDER MSRP at another dealer.)

Ron Baker Chevrolet had a chance to sell me 2 vehicles in 3 years, valued at almost $90,000 and missed out due to sales staff that must think they are the only dealers in town. I don't think I was asking too much in my negotiations since I found other local dealers to sell to me at the price I thought was fair.

If you are military, STAY AWAY from Ron Baker Chevy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hell, it sounds to me like "JUST STAY AWAY PERIOD". Whether or not you are in the military. At least for buying the vehicle... I could have had the exact Camaro I wanted 4 months sooner but I wasn't gonna pay over MSRP for it!

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #3 of 8 Old 11-27-2010, 05:49 PM

For those that don't know where Ron Baker Chevrolet is:

Ron Baker Chevrolet
2301 National City Boulevard
National City, CA 91950
(619) 477-2163

Reading reviews everywhere and many of them seem very unfavorable of this dealer. 1 1/2 out of 5 stars on average

Shame on them for disrespecting our military.

Stay away from these *******s. Stay VERY far away!!

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

post #4 of 8 Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Welcome to MODERNCAMARO.COM!!!

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #5 of 8 Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 PM
745RWHP, 660RWTQ

welcome!

BOURQUE'S HOT RODS
[email protected], 1.455 60'
Built 376ci, TH400 Trans
post #6 of 8 Old 11-28-2010, 11:12 AM

I would expect nothing less from the National City Mile of Cars.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-28-2010, 11:19 AM

Yes, and welcome to !!!!!!

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #8 of 8 Old 12-01-2010, 01:53 PM

Howdy from NE Texas. Sorry about the poor dealings from your local dealer. In my area they are called Orr Chevrolet. Glad you found what you wanted.

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page