OnStar MyLink Mobile App – Additional Information and Answers to FAQ's - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Exclamation OnStar MyLink Mobile App – Additional Information and Answers to FAQ's

OnStar MyLink Mobile App Key Benefits

Let’s you take control of your car – and your world.

With a single button it lets you:
  • Start/turn off or lock/unlock your doors from anywhere you have cell phone service (remote features REQUIRE FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS – app is not compatible with aftermarket remote start and lock accessories, including dealer installed GM OEM products)
  • Be automatically connected to an Advisor, whether you have a simple request or need emergency assistance

It also gives readouts of your vehicle’s information - including remaining oil life, fuel level and range, tire pressure, miles per gallon and Hands-Free Calling minutes.

Cost

There is no charge for the mobile app; however, vehicle must be associated with an active OnStar subscription in order to connect to OnStar MyLink mobile app.

Vehicle Availability

MOST 2011 model year vehicles. Refer to the attached chart for details.

Mobile Device Compatibility

Android™ 1 device with WVGA or HVGA resolution running Android OS 2.1 or later

Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch2 device with cellular or internet connection

Maximum Number of Connections per VIN/Device

Mobile devices connected to a specific VIN: Five

VINs connected to the same mobile device: Unlimited (note: each VIN requires a separate login ID and password)

OnStar MyLink Registration Process
Refer to attached instructions. Note: Customers should wait 24 hours from the time that their account is activated (dealer completes online enrollment) to setup their mobile app. A batch process transaction is run once-per-day at 1 PM ETZ which allows customers to access their OnStar account on the web.

OnStar MyLink Demonstrations

“Live” - If you have both a vehicle and device that are compatible with the app and the vehicle has an active OnStar account, you can setup and demonstrate OnStar MyLink following the normal process

Video – Visit the onstar.com mobile app page: www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MyLink.pdf (416.5 KB, 121 views)

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM

One thing that I noticed recently is they require your pin each time you lock or unlock the doors. It's nice to know your butt can't unlock the car.

Power without control is useless.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Is this going to work on the 2010 Camaro's? I have it stored on My-ITunes, but heard it only works for the 2011.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm38 View Post
Is this going to work on the 2010 Camaro's? I have it stored on My-ITunes, but heard it only works for the 2011.
Not yet it doesn't. I don't think 2010 owners will get all the features owners of 2011's will have -

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #5 of 7 Old 12-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
It would be cool if it worked on the 2010

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-15-2010, 12:33 AM

I emailed OnStar about 2010 Camaro's. They told me that it will be available in the near future but couldn't say how near. They didn't mention if it would have limited features or not. I think all 2010 owners should get the full program though, I don't see why we couldn't.

Past Camaros: 2000 Camaro SS 6-Speed,
1999 Camaro Z28 A4, 1994 Camaro Z28 A4

Delivered: 2SS/RS CGM M6 - VIN #7460
post #7 of 7 Old 12-15-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Scotty View Post
OnStar MyLink Mobile App Key Benefits

Let’s you take control of your car – and your world.

With a single button it lets you:
  • Start/turn off or lock/unlock your doors from anywhere you have cell phone service (remote features REQUIRE FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS – app is not compatible with aftermarket remote start and lock accessories, including dealer installed GM OEM products)
  • Be automatically connected to an Advisor, whether you have a simple request or need emergency assistance

It also gives readouts of your vehicle’s information - including remaining oil life, fuel level and range, tire pressure, miles per gallon and Hands-Free Calling minutes.

Cost

There is no charge for the mobile app; however, vehicle must be associated with an active OnStar subscription in order to connect to OnStar MyLink mobile app.

Vehicle Availability

MOST 2011 model year vehicles. Refer to the attached chart for details.

Mobile Device Compatibility

Android™ 1 device with WVGA or HVGA resolution running Android OS 2.1 or later

Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch2 device with cellular or internet connection

Maximum Number of Connections per VIN/Device

Mobile devices connected to a specific VIN: Five

VINs connected to the same mobile device: Unlimited (note: each VIN requires a separate login ID and password)

OnStar MyLink Registration Process
Refer to attached instructions. Note: Customers should wait 24 hours from the time that their account is activated (dealer completes online enrollment) to setup their mobile app. A batch process transaction is run once-per-day at 1 PM ETZ which allows customers to access their OnStar account on the web.

OnStar MyLink Demonstrations

“Live” - If you have both a vehicle and device that are compatible with the app and the vehicle has an active OnStar account, you can setup and demonstrate OnStar MyLink following the normal process

Video – Visit the onstar.com mobile app page: www.onstar.com/web/portal/mobile
Does the MyLink work with Nokia smart phones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page