Just fitted my new Hurst Shifter - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Just fitted my new Hurst Shifter

Just had my new Hurst Comp Plus Billet shifter fitted at Hurst Performance. No more sloppy shifts or accidental 2nd to 5th changes. Also took the opportunity to fit a shift eliminator to stop that annoying 1st to 4th forced gear change.

For all you manual drivers out there, I can highly recommend this. And incase you are thinking of having the factory fitted Hurst ... keep in mind that the OEM unit only has a 20% shift throw reduction, whereas the aftermarket product is over 30%.

Looks so old-school muscle car and looks and feels exactly the same as the old Competiton Plus I had fitted to a close ratio Muncie back in the 80's.

Thanks Regis and the guys at Hurst Performance in Irvine for doing such a great job!

782.5rwhp 680 rwtq 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS, STRUT 22" Icon5 Rims & Grille Kit, Mahle Pistons, Manley Rods, Custom Comp Cam, ARP Bolts, Melling HV Oil Pump, Whipple SC, 3.5" Pulley, 8 Rib Pulley Kit, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Balancer, LT Headers, Borla 3" Exhaust, ADM Fuel Pump, 80lb/hr FIC Billet Tip Injectors, RX Monster Catch Can, CAI Intake, ADM Race Scoop, Mantic 9000 Series Clutch, Hurst Shifter, Eibach Springs. Motor built by PFAFF Engines. Fitted & tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-18-2011, 02:40 AM

That turned out awesome. Now I need to crank out some over time so I can get one in my car to. When you were talkin about the 20 and 30% reduction which were you comparing it with?
post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2011, 08:19 AM

That looks great. I hope to do this mod in the future, but I want the version with the button so I can add line-loc to the car.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Area SS View Post
That turned out awesome. Now I need to crank out some over time so I can get one in my car to. When you were talkin about the 20 and 30% reduction which were you comparing it with?
Total wild guess here..but I'm going to say against the stock shifter.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 6 Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 PM

I wish GM would release the 2011 Hurst Shifter Option as an accessory already. It looks much more natural than the white ball solution. Does anybody know the differences between the white ball Hurst Shifter and the Hurst Shifter option from the factory?

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #6 of 6 Old 03-19-2011, 09:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkKnightX View Post
I wish GM would release the 2011 Hurst Shifter Option as an accessory already. It looks much more natural than the white ball solution. Does anybody know the differences between the white ball Hurst Shifter and the Hurst Shifter option from the factory?
Hurst shifter factory has the stock shifter knob with a Hurst badging on the side of it. I seen one on a new Convertible Camaro the other day. Hurst sells the shifter with a billet and one that you can use with the stock knob.

Link Below:
http://www.hurst-shifters.com/hurst-...et-Camaro-2010

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HURST...Q5fAccessories

2009 Yamaha R1
2011 Corvette Grand Sport
2010 2SS/RS Black & IOM Modifications
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page