2015 alpha - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

2015 alpha

the 2015 alpha rumors and related articles, all point to the camaro going down the same road as the cheap boxy mustang. It looks like it will be super lite, small, Indipendent susp. points to agile and a 6.2 super would mean fast like the camaro has never seen before. But also rumors point to a 4 and a six. Understanding that the suspention alone sets it apart, all other aspects points towards fords high selling crap boxes. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM

i have the most confidence in GM, i don't think they'll let such an epic car fall short of what it ever should be, with the 2010 Camaro it brought in "a whole new ball game." I believe they'll respect the car that (IMHO) brought GM back from the dead (financially) and put them back on top

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member
post #3 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
i have the most confidence in GM, i don't think they'll let such an epic car fall short of what it ever should be, with the 2010 Camaro it brought in "a whole new ball game." I believe they'll respect the car that (IMHO) brought GM back from the dead (financially) and put them back on top
from your keyboard to the car-gods ears...hope your right.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

post #4 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

You talk like the Alpha platform is such a bad thing. It's not and they will be fine.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
post #5 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

No no i think the alpha platform has the potential to put the camaro on the track side by side if not ahead of cars like the 458 italia and for a more raelistic price. My fear is the suits may try the camaro for everyone thinking that waters down the product and drives away the true fan base. Obviosly a 300 plus v6 a 400 plus v8 and fingers crossed A supercharged z, Is exactly what the customers wanted, and hopefully they stick with this. AND yes a lightwight 600 horse 4 weel inependent susp. camaro would compete with cars costing 100,000 plus.
post #6 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

I have faith as well and i think the camaro is testing the suspention that will be on the future corvette. As we all know the the workhorse can never pass the flagship
post #7 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM

Why worry about tommorow and just enjoy today?
post #8 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY View Post
Why worry about tommorow and just enjoy today?
That's how the old GM used to think.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
post #9 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That's how the old GM used to think.
oh come on now, you know what i meant. gm stroke gold with the new camaro... and with increasing competion to maintain it's momentum and staying relevant... i doubt that (hopefully) gm doesn't drop the ball again. with that being said, it's really too far out to start casting any kind of doubt imo...
post #10 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Its not that far out. Somewhere on the road in this country, or austrailia, the future camaro is being put through the paces and perfected. and somewhere in an office suits are debating on what we do want and junk. And if we are lucky a gm emp. is browsing sights. So form an op. and join the ranks of people who want to speculate and discuss. Isnt that what these sights are for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page