oxygen sensor gets error - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-16-2011, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

oxygen sensor gets error

hi I live in brasil.... I HAVE CHANGED THE CAMARO'EXHAUST FOR THE NEW MODEL OF MAGNAFLOW WITHOUT CATALYST. THE SENSOR OXYGEM SHOWS ERROR. THE SENSOR DOES'NT DETECT THE CATALYST OF COURSE.. WHAT DO I DO? IS THERE SOME SIMULATOR TO FOOL THE SENSOR? SORRY FOR MY ENGHISH..THANKS!!!
CAMARO 2SS V8 2010

Last edited by cerqueira1976; 10-16-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 AM
ユキヒョウ

You have to get it tuned out

2019 1SS/1LE
post #3 of 10 Old 10-23-2011, 02:21 AM

Garage
you maybe able to o2 adapters that u use when u put on hi flow cats and u dont want to do a tune , check with one of your performance exhaust shops hope this helps , we have this here in australia so u should have it there to

post #4 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 PM

I also encounter this code error and now it makes me wonder what could cause it to flash an oxygen sensor error? I noticed that my spark plug wire on the front rotor does not get a good bite from the plug. Also, what is the effect of that error to my car? Could somebody please enlighten me? Thanks!
post #5 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohler View Post
I also encounter this code error and now it makes me wonder what could cause it to flash an oxygen sensor error? I noticed that my spark plug wire on the front rotor does not get a good bite from the plug. Also, what is the effect of that error to my car? Could somebody please enlighten me? Thanks!
I need to be clear on the question here before I can answer it properly. First...do you have an SS or LT and have you done any engine or exhaust modifcations to it? Do you currently have a CEL (Check Engine Light) on? And have you had the code(s) read to make sure that an O2 sensor is responsible for the CEL?
post #6 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

Tune is the only way for it not to throw a code.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #7 of 10 Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Tune is the only way for it not to throw a code.
That IS NOT true at all. There are O2 sensor sleeves available that pull the sensors out of the exhaust tubing and prevent them from triggering the CEL...but they are a bandaid and not a fix because it's usually a rich mix triggering the sensors and that is not corrected by the sleeving.

BTW...what happened to your sig pic Strick? It's been missing for the last couple of months and for some crazy reason...lol...I miss it. I guess since our avatars and sigs kind of become our identity here and now you don't seem to have one.

Last edited by Envy; 10-28-2012 at 10:33 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member

Idk Envy about the sig. And I thought they stopped making the O2 bypass sensor. I read about that a few years ago.

JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #9 of 10 Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I have a set so I know they still make them. But in the long run...I never installed them because Envy was running such a rich mix (from the JBA Shorties) that it had to be detrimental to her eventually and I want to do things the right way. So I got the Trifecta tune from Vince at the beginning of August and it has proven to be well worth the expense.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Oh okay. There was some law passed it might of been just in Florida because we don't have emissions testing here. Makes sense what you said.

JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page