Starting a new Camaro club... Need advice.. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-23-2011, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Starting a new Camaro club... Need advice..

Hello everyone. I'm in a semi rural area and am not close enough to any big cities to join clubs there. I've for a good framework of what I want the club to be, but I need to get in contact with more owners in my area... I've talked to the few I know but just don't know how to get more. Any ideas you could give would help.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Well I think your in the correct place to fine some friends, but where are you?

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 7 Old 10-23-2011, 02:23 AM

I've been wanting to start a Missouri Camaro club as well... in the Springfield/Branson area.

2010 Limited Edition Synergy Green Camaro

post #4 of 7 Old 10-23-2011, 02:52 AM

First of all you will need a core group of Camaro owners to be your Charter members. This group will lay the foundation as to what your club will become. They will vote on Club name, club logo, any rules that the club wishes to have, any dues that will be paid by each member in order for the club to operate. ect.
I started 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas and first meet we had 20 Camaros attend. Today we have over 70 members and continue to grow at a alarming rate.
Keep it fun and simple and don't strap the club with a lot of rules and you will be fine. Good luck on your new club. I have made a ton of great friends through our club and memories that will last a life time.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #5 of 7 Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Garage
go to car show and get some camaro guys together for cruises and shows all show and park together then start club hold own events
post #6 of 7 Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Premium Member

Garage
We have a Area Meet every Fri Night in our area that includes all makes of Rides which everyone parks with there Model Groups. That would be a Good Starting Point, Make up some Flyers etc with meeting time & location and pass them out as U see folks. That's what we all do, if anyone sees a ride that we haven't seen at the Fri Meet-up, chances are they don't know about it so we invite them, WORD OF MOUTH is Very Powerful.... We use to meet in Tagets Parking lot until we got kicked out from IDIOTS doing Burn Outs and Donuts so we moved to another Huge Parking lot which is shared by an Empty Store and Dick's Sporting Goods, Well just got kicked out of there 4 weeks ago because there were Beer Bottles etc left in Dick's Parking lot (Not to point fingers, by either the Ricers, Big Wheeled Rides or the Trucks)... Now Our Club, CTC5C - (Central Texas Camaro 5th Coalition) have permission by the Guitar Center Owner to use his parking lot, so Now we post a Sign, NO Speeding, No Burn Outs, No Alcohol, No Loud Music... We have a Good thing going now but WE still have to stay on top of it or those Few will Ruin it for Everyone..... Good Luck!!!!!!

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT

Last edited by Kunk1963; 10-24-2011 at 08:18 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM

If you need some help I can put you in contact with the President of the San Antonio Camaro Club that I am a part of.

2011 2SS CGM/IO Convertible - MySSt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page