Extended warranty avaliable for purchase? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
amz

Extended warranty avaliable for purchase?

I just picked up a new 2SSRS and was wondering if you can purchase an extended warranty. With all the electronics doo-dads ,it would be a good idea.

For the last 10 years I have only bought Toyotas , and have always purchased the extended service and warranty package for between $1000 and $2000.

Does GM offer anything like this for the Camaro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM
ZL1 @ MSRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amz View Post
I just picked up a new 2SSRS and was wondering if you can purchase an extended warranty. With all the electronics doo-dads ,it would be a good idea.

For the last 10 years I have only bought Toyotas , and have always purchased the extended service and warranty package for between $1000 and $2000.

Yes, GM has a GREAT warranty they offer. Did you buy your car from a dealer? Just ask them! If you bought it from a private party then I'll have to do some research for you.

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
post #3 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
amz

Yes , new from a dealer , but it was the very end of the day , and everyone was exhausted.

Do you know how much the extended costs?

post #4 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
amz

I just talked to the salesman , about $1800 from GM, I think he said 5 year 100k mile.

Ouch.
post #5 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 AM
ユキヒョウ

That's what they go for.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #6 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 11:55 AM

It's really worth it if any of the electronics go bad.

2010 2SS/RS VR Artic White Stripes M6, 69 Camaro coupe 383 PB PS Air Tilt Auto Thorley Headers
post #7 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
amz

Being that I have promised myself to KEEP IT STOCK for as long as I own the car ,I think its money well spent.

See,3 of my 4 previous Camaros were all stock , and they never gave me trouble. To me at least ,there is something very appealing about the unaltered factory correct look.

This is by far the most technically advanced sports car I have ever owned. Most of the tech is beyond my basic mechanical understanding and ability to repair.

That makes tinkering a little dangerous [regarding warranty repair/replacement] when 'big brother' knows how many times you open and closed the door.

I am very happy with the performance and styling just the way it is. So I am going to buy the extended warranty.
post #8 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
ユキヒョウ

Nothing wrong with keeping it stock. BTW, they're actually fairly easy to work on.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #9 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 04:05 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Call Mike Wandry in our business office - 800-261-3020

He'll sell you one for GM employee pricing. Everything can be done over the phone, and valid at any GM dealer

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #10 of 22 Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by amz View Post

Financially speaking, the Extended warranty is a poor decision. Insurance companies have invested MILLIONS to research the odds. If the odds weren't in their favor, they wouldn't offer them

Have you kept track of how much you would have spent in repairs out of pocket the last 10 years if you didn't have those warranties? I'd be interested in the numbers based on your personal experience.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page