So I got pulled over by a cop - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-29-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I got pulled over by a cop

I was stopped at a traffic light and saw him do a U turn. So of course as I pull away he puts the lights on and swings over to the left lane behind me. As I move to the right lane I see a empty parking lot ahead and continue to a place that is safe for him to exit the car. He whales the siren as if I am John Dillinger. So we get to the lot and I can see he is not all that thrilled I pulled up a extra couple hundred feet.(no shoulder) Yea I could have stopped in the travel lanes much shorter. As I hand him my paperwork I notice he is a Sargent. He asks me about my FOB & PBA cards and then asks where I work. He politely says to me I know it does not look good with a front plate on it but in the state of NJ its a law to have one.
No ticket no harm no foul. Just wish I could have gone until the end of the season without a front plate.

This was one of the reasons I drove around with the temporary for a extra month.

Now I gotta put a front plate on. UGH!!!

What are some decent ones to use without drilling holes in my front bumper cover.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 PM

Oops. Well, we have to have them here in Texas too. I got mine from Jason at JacFab.com. He is a member here.

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/me...racnjsn95.html

I like it a lot. Here are a couple of pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1132576...27014323845154

https://picasaweb.google.com/1132576...27239932980914

It bolts under the front fascia into two existing threaded holes. It does not touch the front of the car at all.

11/26/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership
01/04/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
02/09/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced)
02/15/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. VIN # 162679
03/05/2011 - (5000) Delivered to me - thanks Eric!

Last edited by gman422; 10-29-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Pic links not working.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Can you get away with laying it on the dash or does it have to be mounted a certain place?

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 14 Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 AM
ユキヒョウ

There are several "no-drill" options for front plates out there.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #5 of 14 Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsvowner View Post
I was stopped at a traffic light and saw him do a U turn. So of course as I pull away he puts the lights on and swings over to the left lane behind me. As I move to the right lane I see a empty parking lot ahead and continue to a place that is safe for him to exit the car. He whales the siren as if I am John Dillinger. So we get to the lot and I can see he is not all that thrilled I pulled up a extra couple hundred feet.(no shoulder) Yea I could have stopped in the travel lanes much shorter. As I hand him my paperwork I notice he is a Sargent. He asks me about my FOB & PBA cards and then asks where I work. He politely says to me I know it does not look good with a front plate on it but in the state of NJ its a law to have one.
No ticket no harm no foul. Just wish I could have gone until the end of the season without a front plate.

This was one of the reasons I drove around with the temporary for a extra month.

Now I gotta put a front plate on. UGH!!!

What are some decent ones to use without drilling holes in my front bumper cover.

Dave
I have the remote license plate bracket by stow and show by Altec pricey but I love it!!!!

here is a video:

Last edited by kathie63; 10-31-2011 at 10:40 PM.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 PM

Drilling a few holes in the factory bracket and a few long zip ties and it's a done deal. I put ours on like that a few months ago and it works perfect, I've had it off a few times for events and it has left no marks, good "free" mod!

2010 Camaro 2lt Black
2003 Ford F-150 Harley Ed. Black/silver, supercharged
2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Polished Metal
1972 Buick Skylark Conv. Firemist orange
post #7 of 14 Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
I have the remote license plate bracket by stow and show by Altec pricey but I love it!!!!
That is a nice thing to have for those in states that require front plates. Now when the cop pulls you over for no plates in the front, you can tell him he is mistaken. There is a plate
post #8 of 14 Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Can you get away with laying it on the dash or does it have to be mounted a certain place?
Over simplified but:

Plate on dash + hit from behind = decapitation

A dangerous item that can fly around the cabin in an accident. I wouldn't recommend it. But then that's just me.

Just FYI & FYS.

2010 1LT
3M Clear Nose Bra
Leather Seat Covers
4 Pack Console Gauges
Airaid CAI - Magnaflow CAT Back
OEM GFX
post #9 of 14 Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 AM

2nd JacFab. Customer service ROCKS!!!!
post #10 of 14 Old 11-05-2011, 09:07 PM

Garage
yeah, i almost took the bracket the dealership installed off yesterday. i just got my plates in. i hate it but it's Texas Law

Matt-A-Tat
2012 2SS/RS ~ 1-7/8" 304 Stainless Steel Texas Speed Long Tube Headers ~ Hi-Flo Cats ~ 3" X-Pipe ~ Borla S-Type Mufflers ~ LPO Ground Effects ~ LPO Blade Spoiler ~ Side Gills ~ Flat Black Rally Stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page