Camaro SS - Does it have the RS package? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
2010camaroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 22
 
Camaro SS - Does it have the RS package?

I am new to the 5th gen Camaros and was hoping that someone here -- that's more in the know about these cars -- would be able to help me figure something out with my Camaro.

I recently purchased my Camaro (pre-owned) from a Toyota dealership. The car was advertised as a 2SS. I don't have a window sticker or original docs to confirm that, but from what I've learned over the past couple weeks, the car certainly seems to match up with 2SS options and features. However, as I study other things about the Camaros, it seems that my car sports some of the features offered in the RS package: body-colored roof moldings (for sure my car has this), halo headlights (I'm pretty sure), darker taillights (I don't know), red SS badging, wheels (I don't know).

Are the pictures below enough for someone here to help me either confirm or deny whether my car has the RS package? If it does, that would be quite a nice surprise, as I thought I was purchasing an SS-only. The '69 Camaro I used to own was an RS/SS Camaro (it was blue with white stripes just like this one and was my inspiration to get this particular 5th gen Camaro). It'd be great to know if this Camaro was an SS/RS too.



















2010camaroJoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
skuttduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 588
 
Yes it is.

You have the red SS symbols, the halo headlights, and body colored roof ditch moldings.

Lift up the trunk carpet on the left side, and there is a sticker that has all the codes for your car on there.

Congratulations on getting the rarest color of Aqua Blue Metallic.
I would do yourself a favor and get that toyota dealer sticker off of the car, just because it covers up the awesome aqua blue color.
skuttduck is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 PM
sdk
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,977
 
Garage
Welcome to Club Aqua Blue!!


2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
sdk is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
2010camaroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 22
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Yes it is.

You have the red SS symbols, the halo headlights, and body colored roof ditch moldings.

Lift up the trunk carpet on the left side, and there is a sticker that has all the codes for your car on there.

Congratulations on getting the rarest color of Aqua Blue Metallic.
I would do yourself a favor and get that toyota dealer sticker off of the car, just because it covers up the awesome aqua blue color.
Thanks so very much. I'll check out the trunk -- and I did get the Toyota sticker off the car. That was one of the first things to go. These photos were ones from the dealer. I haven't yet had a chance to take any of my own -- but I will this Spring.

Thanks again!
2010camaroJoe is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
skuttduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 588
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010camaroJoe View Post
Thanks so very much. I'll check out the trunk -- and I did get the Toyota sticker off the car. That was one of the first things to go. These photos were ones from the dealer. I haven't yet had a chance to take any of my own -- but I will this Spring.

Thanks again!
You're welcome.

Also your tail lights are the RS tail lights, which are a darker red. Yours is one of the later 2010 models as it has the rear backup sensors. Mine was built the last week in 2009 before the backup sensors were added.

Your wheels are the $450 polished upgrade from the midnight silver.

Also if you want to know the day your car was built, pop the hood, look down on the passenger side for the Martinrea sticker. That sticker has the day your suspension was built. The car was built most likely the next day.

Last edited by skuttduck; 11-10-2011 at 07:42 PM.
skuttduck is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Member
 
spyderbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 145
 
might even be a 2SS/RS got leather then you have a 2SS/RS

All Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust Tips, Gen5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, RX Catch Can, Rear trunk black out, Side Gills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
ユキヒョウ
 
Nancygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,439
 
^^ What spyderbuddy said ^^

2019 1SS/1LE
Nancygrl is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Member
 
camaro8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south east wisconsin
Posts: 376
 
All you have to do is open the drivers door and there is the date it was born.

camaro8 is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
2010camaroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 22
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
You're welcome.

Also your tail lights are the RS tail lights, which are a darker red. Yours is one of the later 2010 models as it has the rear backup sensors. Mine was built the last week in 2009 before the backup sensors were added.

Your wheels are the $450 polished upgrade from the midnight silver.

Also if you want to know the day your car was built, pop the hood, look down on the passenger side for the Martinrea sticker. That sticker has the day your suspension was built. The car was built most likely the next day.
Gosh. You really know your stuff. Thanks so much for all the help! This is a great surprise!!!
2010camaroJoe is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 11-10-2011, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
2010camaroJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 22
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
might even be a 2SS/RS got leather then you have a 2SS/RS
I do have leather -- two-tone even. I must have the 2SS/RS... that's an awesome surprise!

I also noticed that this car seems to me noticeably more responsive (more get-up-and-go) than my Corvette. I'm not sure if that's due to rear-end gearing or my Corvette not being fully broken in (it has 1400 miles on it). Anyone have any thoughts?
2010camaroJoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome