2012 BEST RESALE VALUE: BY VEHICLE CATEGORY - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2012 BEST RESALE VALUE: BY VEHICLE CATEGORY

Kbb.com Offers Advice on Choosing New Cars Predicted to Maintain Value over Five-Year Ownership Period

IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Kelley Blue Book, the leading provider of new and used vehicle information, announces the all-new 2012 model-year vehicle winners of its annual Best Resale Value Awards, recognizing current and forthcoming vehicles for their projected retained value throughout the initial five-year ownership period. Since depreciation (or loss of value) is typically a car buyer’s primary expense during ownership, these awards, like all of kbb.com’s new- and used-vehicle information, are designed to help consumers make more informed car-buying decision.

2012 BEST RESALE VALUE: BY VEHICLE CATEGORY

SPORTS CAR: Chevrolet Camaro V-6
HIGH-PERFORMANCE CAR: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Garage
Also, Kiplinger's and Smart Money , have given the Camaro the thumbs up for Bang for your Buck...

post #3 of 13 Old 11-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Garage
...we could have told them that!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 05:53 PM

post #5 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 07:13 PM
ユキヒョウ

Obviously whoever wrote that MSN article is a little blue oval biased. How the hell can having a lampost for a rear end that hasn't changed too much since the '70's have better handling than our independant rear suspension? They fail to mention that you have to option up/pay more $ to get the "track pack". and better quality interior. I sat in one and almost barf'd. This is the sort of stuff that makes me

2019 1SS/1LE

Last edited by Nancygrl; 12-10-2011 at 08:34 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancygrl View Post
Obviously whoever wrote that MSN article is a little blue oval biased. How the hell can having a lampost for a rear end that hasn't changed too much since the '70's have better handling than our independant rear suspension? They fail to mention that you have to option up/pay more $ to get the "track pack". and better quality interior. I sat in on and almost barf'd. This is the sort of stuff that makes me
Well, as most of the magazine tests have stated, its better to have a well refined SRA vs a mediocre IRS. Not trying to start an argument here, but i think its been proven time and time again that the SRA in the s197 is on par, or flat out outperforms cars with IRS on the roadcourse and the strip. Just sayin... Whats it matter if the mustang and camaro use two different methods to arrive at the same place? Saying the mustangs IRS is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done, is like someone saying the old pushrod LS motors is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done. Its not true for either statements. Neither is saying the technology hasnt changed since the 70's. As far as the interior goes, hey thats your opinion. Most (non biased) people tend to agree that the interior in the mustang is much better than the camaro, just as they tend to agree that the the exterior of the camaro looks better than the mustangs currently.

2006 Mustang GT

Last edited by SIRLOIN; 12-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
Well, as most of the magazine tests have stated, its better to have a well refined SRA vs a mediocre IRS. Not trying to start an argument here, but i think its been proven time and time again that the SRA in the s197 is on par, or flat out outperforms cars with IRS on the roadcourse and the strip. Just sayin... Whats it matter if the mustang and camaro use two different methods to arrive at the same place? Saying the mustangs IRS is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done, is like someone saying the old pushrod LS motors is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done. Its not true for either statements. Neither is saying the technology hasnt changed since the 70's. As far as the interior goes, hey thats your opinion. Most (non biased) people tend to agree that the interior in the mustang is much better than the camaro, just as they tend to agree that the the exterior of the camaro looks better than the mustangs currently.
The only opinion that matters to me is my own and I think the Mustang interior does suck. Just my 2 cents.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #8 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
As the owner of both...I think that the Mustang's interior is of better quality than the Camaro and definitely more durable so I think the barf comments are a little over the top. But the Camaro does win...hands down...when it comes to handling and style!

Last edited by Envy; 12-10-2011 at 11:37 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
The only opinion that matters to me is my own and I think the Mustang interior does suck. Just my 2 cents.
Im sure everything about the mustang sucks to you. Maybe someday the mustang will be on par with other cars in its segment............

2006 Mustang GT

Last edited by SIRLOIN; 12-10-2011 at 11:27 PM.
post #10 of 13 Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
Im sure everything about the mustang sucks to you. Maybe someday the mustang will be on par with other cars in its segment............

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page