SOOOO MAAAADDDD!!!!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

SOOOO MAAAADDDD!!!!!!

So i normally don't post anything i am more of a reader. But i need to vent a little and the wife hates my camaro so she don't care. Here we go... Two weeks i was driving to work and went to pass someone and my throttle stuck! Put in neutral hit gas again and cleared it. okay no big deal right? last fri same thing happened but couldn't clear it had to shut off engine. call dealer and get appointment for monday. Sunday morning go to start car and nothing! check battery dead!! put on charger and 5 mins later vrooommm. let run fro 1 hour check voltage and looks good. shut car off wait 2 hours and try again NOTHING Monday morning have to jump start again and head for dealer. Car is runnig like sh&%. Surging, tpms system going off, stability trac warnings, airbag warnings just everything. The dealer called today and asked if it was ok for the tech to drive my baby home to see if they fixed the problem. told me they put new programs and new battery, tpms, and if allgoes well can have her back friday. anyone have any of these problems? and what does NEW PROGRAMS mean? Thanks for the place to let me vent so i don't kill someone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Wow...that's some disappointing performance from your Camaro. Would you share some more background info...SS or LT? Mileage?

I only have some experience with the tpms going haywire which has happened twice but it was a quick fix at the dealership the first time and I reset it myself the second time so no big deal.

I hope your Camaro is fixed and be sure to let us know how it all works out.
post #3 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Wow, never had anything happen like that. The dealership should get it taken care of though. Let us know how it goes.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/

post #4 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Sorry forgot info. 2010 LT. 28k on mileage. Gone thru 3 tpms already. One passenger airbag sensor. Getting ready to trade in and upgrade to SS
post #5 of 21 Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
By "programs" they mean re-programming (there are software version updates out to address many things) of the ECM/BCM/TCM (if auto trans) in any combination.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #6 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

yeah, sounds like some computer gremlins...SUCKS, but hopefully they'll figure it out.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #7 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Sorry to hear that, haven't had any of the rodents that get into cars and chew wiring up?? Well Hopefully everything goes OK, maybe trading it in just to be safe might be the way to go just incase it's one of those Built on a Mon or Tue or just is a Lemon, that happens sometimes... Good Luck...

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #8 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Garage
Just as an FYI, the surging was probably a result of the dead battery.

Actually, all of the symptoms you describe could be voltage related. Hope it all works out!

K&N Typhoon CAI * Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust * Hurst Short Throw Shifter * Black Phantom Grille * Pioneer AVH-P8400BH - Scosche Dash Kit - Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 - Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP, T400-4, T1D215, T1692, T2652-S - SubThump 15" Camaro box - Dynamat Extreme - Stinger & Kicker RCA's - Monster, Tsunami, Streetwires, Scosche, and Kicker wiring - Stinger Distribution blocks - Tsunami Breakers - Tsunami and Rockford Fosgate set screw terminals
post #9 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 AM
ZL1 @ MSRP

Sorry to hear you're having troubles!!

The most perplexing part of your story is that your wife hates your Camaro. How can ANYBODY hate a Camaro?

Hopefully your dealer will get you fixed up good as new.

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
post #10 of 21 Old 12-02-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Sorry to hear you're having troubles!!

The most perplexing part of your story is that your wife hates your Camaro. How can ANYBODY hate a Camaro?
She must be a Ford Fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page