check this out... seat stuff... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 01-18-2012, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

check this out... seat stuff...

so, i dunno how you guys feel (the vert owners may have it a little easier too), but one thing i was always curious about was a way to make the lever to tilt the front seats a bit easier to use. it's not horrible now, but when i drove the CTS i was impressed with it's tilt lever. and coming from 4th gen Fbodies, and even the newer GTO, those had really easy tilt levers.

the tilt lever in the CTS kind of reminds me of a cross between the new Camaro and the GTO. it is placed on the back of the seat, but it is on the outer corner and you pull it toward you. it also has a button to move the seat foward and back to make it easier for rear passengers to get in and out (GTO's had this) and go back to the original spot that the front passenger ahd the seat in.

since it's a current part in GM's inventory, i was gonna bring this up to Fbodfather as a possible option to change to for the next refresh. my luck, they would probably have to change the entire seat and it won't work at all, but i thought i'd throw this out for y'alls opinion before i open my big mouth.

would you like to seat a seat tilt lever that looks and works like this in the Camaro?

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I would like to see it in the Camaro's, I hate the current lever to tilt seat forward.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 20 Old 01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Yeah, my levers are hard to use. I have climbed into the backseat to push up on the lever. (I'm small....5'1", 108 lbs.)

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina

post #4 of 20 Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
Yeah, my levers are hard to use. I have climbed into the backseat to push up on the lever. (I'm small....5'1", 108 lbs.)
I have dicovered that not all cars are the same, some Camaro's have no problem with the lever. I also found that if you can push the seat headrest toward the rear of the car while pulling the lever it will sometimes make the lever much easyer to pull.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #5 of 20 Old 01-18-2012, 07:51 PM
ユキヒョウ

I don't have any issues with the lever, but it would be nice for a redesign.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #6 of 20 Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I have huge problems with my lever. Most of the time it won't release at all unless I climb into the front seat and use both hands from either side around the headrest to pull the latch up so the seat can flip forward. I thought it was just me but I had the GM at the dealership try to use it and he's about 6'3" and he was unable to get it to release either...not that my little demo has changed anything. I have always blamed my leather seat upgrade but maybe Envy's just stubborn...lol...like me. It really is kind of embarrassing that every time I want to put someone in the back of my Camaro...the seats scream look everyone...Chevy uses cheap crap! So yes...I would love to see them fix this because I didn't buy an economy car.

Last edited by Envy; 01-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.
post #7 of 20 Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I have trouble with mine too.. irriating, the kids can't ever get it to get in the back seat!

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #8 of 20 Old 01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

That looks WAY too easy for someone in the back seat to mess around with the person who is driving.

Especially a larger kid that doesn't know better.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 20 Old 01-19-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

Ok well. Glad I'm not the only one. And I never tried to see if the latch would work while the cars in motion or anything (for those back seat clowns lollz) I can check tho. The way cars are nowadays there's probably some safety to not allow the seat to tilt while car is in moton. But I don't think it would be any easier for the back seat clowns to mess with the cts style latch over the camaro style latch. I'll definitely do some more reasearch and bring this up to scott and the camaro team.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #10 of 20 Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM

Ours used to be really hard to use but now it has loosened up. I think the reason it is like it is is the retro look, kinda like the hard to see analog speedo.

2010 Camaro 2lt Black
2003 Ford F-150 Harley Ed. Black/silver, supercharged
2008 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Polished Metal
1972 Buick Skylark Conv. Firemist orange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page