Door panel help - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Door panel help

Does anyone know how to remove this part of the door panel where you put your hand to close the door Thanks

2011 2SS/RS , summit white with IOM stripes .Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 PM

If I remember correctly you remove that screw and the one behind the door opener to the right. I believe there's a cover right behind the handle you have to pry off (snaps on). The rest is a bunch of snaps, if you will, all around the door except the top.The top hangs on a lip. So work your way around the edge with a plastic tool or something that wont scratch the paint. You will then pull up and out. The control cables are wired to buttons. So you will have to disconnect harnesses. There isn't much room to work it from what I remember. I'll see if I can scan the pages out of my manual to help you. In other words the whole skin comes off. At least that's what I did to paint the plastic piece by the mirror.

WRS
“Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

Last edited by wrbear; 03-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-17-2012, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
If I remember correctly you remove that screw and the one behind the door opener to the right. I believe there's a cover right behind the handle you have to pry off (snaps on). The rest is a bunch of snaps, if you will, all around the door except the top.The top hangs on a lip. So work your way around the edge with a plastic tool or something that wont scratch the paint. You will then pull up and out. The control cables are wired to buttons. So you will have to disconnect harnesses. There isn't much room to work it from what I remember. I'll see if I can scan the pages out of my manual to help you. In other words the whole skin comes off. At least that's what I did to paint the plastic piece by the mirror.
Thanks.I was hoping I wouldn't have to remove the whole door panel.

2011 2SS/RS , summit white with IOM stripes .Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 AM

Just looked at the service manual. There is a Phillips screw holding the speaker grill above the door panel. You have to remove that and the 2 Phillips screws mentioned above. There are also 3 that look like a 6mm socket two below and one on the hing side. You can get a set of plastic tools (around $5) from Harbor Freight that will help you remove the panel or use something that won't scratch the paint. The panel snaps off after you get it started. It's on there pretty good. Been a while since I've taken the panels off. Had to take them off to paint the piece by the mirrors. Good Luck!

WRS
“Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”
post #5 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Don't forget to remove the cable from the back of the inside handle. The connection there can be broke, so be careful in removing it. Pry up the little cable connector with you fingernail, but make sure you do not lift it to much, it can break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page