Ugggggh....I can't decide - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
JRT

Ugggggh....I can't decide

Hello Guys and Gals!

I am picking up a new 2011 2SS/RS. My dealer found what I wanted and I picked the Summit White with IOM stripes and the IOM interior trim package. The thing is IOM paint is what I have really been pining for, but when I saw the white/IOM it is really hot! All of my family and friends say the white is the way to go, but every time I look at the IOM pics I drool as I also do for the white.

Why can't I afford both LOL. I love both and I need to make a decision in the morning. Both cars are out of state and need to be brought in. I guess I will sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning. I'm just curious what you guys think.

Here is what I am getting. The IOM is black interior with no stripes and of course the white is as described...I can't WAIT!!
2SS/RS
Auto
Sunroof
Polished ALU

You know what they look like, but here they are anyay!

2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
If you like more attention...get the IOM. The SW is really beautiful but no other colors catch the light and attention like SGM and IOM when you're driving around. You should try to see the view from inside as you drive before you buy. Looking out at a SW Camaro is a totally different experience than looking out at an IOM in the sunlight...the IOM is dazzling for lack of a better word.
post #3 of 24 Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
And if you're showing people those two pics...they'll pic white every time because that's a much nicer angle on the white car and it makes the orange one look less attractive.

post #4 of 24 Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 PM
2016 Camaro 1SS

I would go with your original gut instinct
post #5 of 24 Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
JRT

Envy,
Sweet ride you have there! I had followed a few of your threads when I was researching and I just LOVE SGM, such an amazing color and yours looks great!

I have test driven the IOM several times, but never the white. Now that you mention it looking out is quite nice on the IOM!

I never showed these pictures to the family, but rather the dealer site pics. Everyone just says the IOM is kind of plain, but I know better! I love orange and and this shade of orange is awesome. However, the white is really nice also.

The funny thing for me is I like the IOM and all others with no stripes except the white/orange...red/back, and yellow/black.

Oh man such a tough decision, however if all goes well I will be in the car on Saturday!

Summit White - not the am car I am looking at

2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS Summit White (2G1FT1EW1B9203758) New Inventory | Serving Kentuckiana | Frankfort | Elizabethtown KY

IOM - not the am car I am looking at

Cars for Sale: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS in Ankeny, IA 50021: Coupe Details - 302554205 - AutoTrader.com

2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99
post #6 of 24 Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
JRT

Mojave,
I think you might be right. I have wanted an IOM since I started looking at these, but have been blinded by the sexy white/IOM combo. I don't know who's car this is or what forum I got it from, but I have lusted after this car after seeing this picture.

2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99
post #7 of 24 Old 04-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Thank you! I was originally going to go with a black on top paint job myself but after I drove the SGM with the stripes off in the sunshine...there was no turning back.

And here's a little known ModernCamaro fact for you...we've never had a MOTM with a SW Camaro. So I guess if want to be popular don't get the Summit White.
post #8 of 24 Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Think about it...then get what you want. Don't let others sway you. It's your car.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #9 of 24 Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 AM
ユキヒョウ

All things being equal between the two cars....Get what you've always wanted and it sounds like IOM is what you really want. Good luck with your decision...Be happy with whichever one you choose and remember to post pictures !!!!!

2019 1SS/1LE

Last edited by Nancygrl; 04-19-2012 at 07:39 AM.
post #10 of 24 Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
JRT

Thanks for the replies every one.
I slept on it overnight and when my eyes popped open this morning I said orange….no doubt about it! The car is available, but I have a request for how many miles are currently on it. If that is OK and transportation can be arranged I may be driving on Saturday! Come on Saturday!

2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page