The Rivalry/The Brotherhood - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
The Rivalry/The Brotherhood

When I met this guy (I offered to help him cut down some trees for wood) many years ago. He had a Chevy pickup and an old Suzuki. Cool I thought. We like Chevy's and bikes. Fast forward a year and his truck gets stolen. he buys a Ford and another and another. You see where this is going.... I don't really care what others drive. I have what I want.
It is all good with me if you are the type that can appreciate the other guy just likes something different.

So my riding buddy finally gets himself something fun to drive (something that is not a truck! No offense to those who bleed trucks) and we decide to take them out instead of the bikes for the weekly romp.

Everywhere we stopped it was pretty cool. Just two of us but people would come up and start conversations about the cars, the Ford/Chevy rivalry, the muscle car brotherhood etc etc...

It was a Chevy Sunday! A bit tough on my buddy as the Camaro was the hit at all the stops. The last blow came at the last stop. The gal that works there and chats with us all the time about the bikes, came out and said, "Whoa nice!" My buddy said something to her I didn't hear and she replies, "Yeah but I'm a Chevy girl" !!

and so the rivalry/brotherhood continues....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

Last edited by hypurone; 04-23-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 AM
See You On Course

Awesome! I like to see friendly rivalries like this.

I love the 69 Mustangs and the 69 Camaros, it would be hard to decide between the 2. But the new generations are different for me, the Mustang is a nice car, and I really like it, but I LOVE the Camaro. Again it all comes down to personal choices.

Thanks for sharing!

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #3 of 18 Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Cool story man. It just goes to show we can all get along. But it still hurts when someone talks about your car and not your buddys. LOL

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/

post #4 of 18 Old 04-23-2012, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Cool story man. It just goes to show we can all get along. But it still hurts when someone talks about your car and not your buddys. LOL
Well, he is thick skinned like me and can take it.... He gets the same **** when we are on the bikes.... I dunno, I have better taste?

Chuck
MyCamaroBuildInfo

post #5 of 18 Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Well, he is thick skinned like me and can take it.... He gets the same **** when we are on the bikes.... I dunno, I have better taste?
LOL...YES you do!!

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #6 of 18 Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
JRT

I grew up on Chevy’s, my dad and my brother were huge Chevy fans. I have always loved Chevy’s myself, but I also have always loved some Fords...namely the Mustang, old Cougar’s, T-Birds and we can’t forgot the Galaxy 500 and the Torino. All companies make something that I would want and for that I have never been a brand loyalist. I buy what I like in the price range that I can afford.

Having said that I think the best rivalry out there is the Camaro and Mustang. They are pony cars that have always been direct competitors though the Mustang has won out more times than Chevy cares to admit until now that is. This Camaro is so much better than the S197 platform and certainly looks much better than the 10+ Mustangs. I had a 2007 GT and that style looked fantastic, but with the 10’s Ford just ruined it! However, Chevy has missed the boat on the infotainment system…no NAV…come on really? Ford’s use of Synch and Sirius’ Travel Link is awesome!

2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14
post #7 of 18 Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 AM

Garage
Saw a 2013 5.0 GT yesterday at the dealer. Ford hit a "Home Run" with the 2013 style changes. Chevy/Camaro need's to up there game now. I've never owned a Ford but this new one could have swung me if I hadn't bought my 2012 SS.

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .

https://www.facebook.com/molotovkiller

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...
post #8 of 18 Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 AM

great post!

ZL1213 (formerly Z OHHH 6)

2010 2SS/RS (Auto/L99)
2012 ZL1 #213 - M6, Black on Black
post #9 of 18 Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1213 View Post
great post!

Chuck
MyCamaroBuildInfo

post #10 of 18 Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Two great cars....two great friends...you've been blessed!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page