Rattle's - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Rattle's

Anyone had issues with rattles? I noticed a rattle coming from under the car when I hit road cracks @ 800 miles on new 2012 car. Sounds like metal to metal to me. I've taken it to the dealer twice and they say they can't hear it. I think it's more like "Don't wanna hear it" Any idea's or what I should do next if dealer can't find it?

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .

https://www.facebook.com/molotovkiller

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...

Last edited by Concrete Jungle; 05-11-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I haven't noticed any rattling so far after two years of ownership. My advice would be to have someone other than the dealership you purchased from check it out.
post #3 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I haven't noticed any rattling so far after two years of ownership. My advice would be to have someone other than the dealership you purchased from check it out.
Ya, this sounds like a metal line that goes through the frame or something.
Pisses me off they burned 1/4 tank of my gas and never found anything driving it around.

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...

post #4 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 01:30 PM
See You On Course

Saw a huge thread on the "other" forum with the same thing. Turned out to be a pebble caught in the A-arm, and a few people had the same problem. Not sure about linking to there from here, so I'll PM you the ones I read if I can find them again.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #5 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUONCRS View Post
Saw a huge thread on the "other" forum with the same thing. Turned out to be a pebble caught in the A-arm, and a few people had the same problem. Not sure about linking to there from here, so I'll PM you the ones I read if I can find them again.

I listened to the video of the noise, my noise sounds just like that. Thanks!

post #6 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM

On my '10 SS coupe a nut came off the trunk spoiler and would rattle around from time to time. Dealer said they couldn't find it to get it out.
post #7 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckduck View Post
On my '10 SS coupe a nut came off the trunk spoiler and would rattle around from time to time. Dealer said they couldn't find it to get it out.
That sucks!

I just had my spoiler off yesterday to re-do my stripes and all nuts were accounted for.

post #8 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM

i noticed a rattling sound on my new ZL1 the second day I drove it. I sounded like something rubbing against sheet metal. Only occurred at certain speeds. Turned out to be part of the wire harness that travels over the passenger side wheel well in the engine compartment right next to shock tower. There is a strap for the wire but it just won't plug into the hole that should accept it. What I suspect I was hearing was at certain speeds, air coming into the engine bay was causing the wire harness to move and thus rub agains the sheet metal. A piece of foam solved the problem.

Good luck.

ZL1213 (formerly Z OHHH 6)

2010 2SS/RS (Auto/L99)
2012 ZL1 #213 - M6, Black on Black
post #9 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
From a dealer stand point, if we can't hear it we always have the customer duplicate the noise for the tech.. Sometimes easier to make sure the noise is actually heard. Take the technician at the dealer for a ride.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #10 of 24 Old 05-11-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0cmj View Post
From a dealer stand point, if we can't hear it we always have the customer duplicate the noise for the tech.. Sometimes easier to make sure the noise is actually heard. Take the technician at the dealer for a ride.
I did that and I could hear it plain as day and head tech said he still couldn't hear it. My dad is almost deaf and can hear it. Sounds like an old truck when going over rough road. It's embarrassing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page