Camaro in limbo - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Supporter of common sense

Camaro in limbo

GM board must decide whether to build car

By JOSEPH SZCZESNY - The Oakland Press
Press Automotive Editor

The General Motors Corp. Board of Directors will make the final decision on whether to build a new Chevrolet Camaro.

But, the board hasn't decided yet, Robert Lutz, GM vice chairman for product development, said Wednesday. The product development staff must prepare a wide-ranging business case for review by the board, which then must decide whether to move ahead with the investment required for production of the vehicle.

GM Chairman Richard Wagoner, however, has approved the spending required to continue work on the Camaro project, Lutz told reporters after a speech in Detroit.

"This company is headed in the right direction, and it's headed in the right direction under the right leader," Lutz said.

more...

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 09:05 AM

Garage
hmm! I think the ball is begining to roll!
post #3 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 08:26 PM

the ball is rolling!

The next major decision milestone is fast approaching the camaro - as Bob has said the buisiness case is being brought together and the design is moving ahaead!

post #4 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 08:29 PM

SO we should be hearing something real sooon!!!!!
post #5 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 09:01 PM

yes, hopefully

but dont hold your breath - nothing happens fast in the car industry!
post #6 of 17 Old 06-11-2006, 07:32 AM

Garage
man what happend to the days if different looking models every year like the 60's for gm? GM had over 50% of the market then.Things were definately moving fast in the auto world then. You know we have alot better techniques now and far better equipment. sometimes its ok to hold on to a body style for alittle while but we sometimes get bored with the same stuff all of the time.that's why this camaro will sell like hotcakes if produced because the last generation of camaro lasted 10 years with little change, and this car looks so much different than the last camaro that we that we had to deal with!(but that is my opinion)Oh yea go team camaro will they keep the guages in the center console? What is up with that cd player it looks cool but it leaves no oportunity for the customer to upgrade their audio system which is important to younger buyer's

Last edited by Gonna be a 5th gen owner; 06-11-2006 at 07:38 AM.
post #7 of 17 Old 06-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

I like the 1st generation camaros the best didn't like the 4th generation camaros at all and i think the new camaro will be great.

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #8 of 17 Old 06-11-2006, 12:47 PM

Garage
the 4th gen are nice but they needed something other than a small front clip and engine change.
post #9 of 17 Old 06-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member

The reasons i didn't like the 4th generation camaro are they had to much glass - the dash was way to wide - when in the driver seat you can't see the hood or fenders. Set in a 1st generation camaro and you will see what i mean. I think the new camaro will take care of those problems.

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #10 of 17 Old 06-11-2006, 09:01 PM

Garage
that's cool I like all of the camaro's but the 2nd gen are my least favorite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page