SS/RS, 1LT/RS, 2LT/RS owners.... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
xxSkullZxx

Garage
SS/RS, 1LT/RS, 2LT/RS owners....

I have owned my Camaro 2LS since last May and absolutely love it. But sometimes when I get up next to a SS or even a LT with the R/S package, I cant help but feel like the person in that car looks at me and is saying.."get a real Camaro buddy"! What is the general consensus of the LS Camaro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM

There are LS LT SS 1LE & ZL1 for different reasons. They are choices. You chose your 2LS for whatever reasons you had.

Preference. Affordability. Whatever.

There will always be another car out there that has more luxuries, more performance, more economical and/or better looks.

Just be happy with the car that you have.

If you feel that need a different car to hold up to other people's opinions, then turn over your keys and just ride a bus. JK.

Order #: VBBDZ1
2017 Camaro ZL1
Hyper Blue Metallic A10, PDR, NAV, Premium floor mats

Ordered: 12/26/16
March 2014 Member/Car Of the Month
post #3 of 24 Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSkullZxx View Post
I have owned my Camaro 2LS since last May and absolutely love it. But sometimes when I get up next to a SS or even a LT with the R/S package, I cant help but feel like the person in that car looks at me and is saying.."get a real Camaro buddy"! What is the general consensus of the LS Camaro?
I don't think they are thinking that. I actually considered buying a V6...but then I got a better deal on the SS I have. And even if not for the deal I personally knew that I would have had an inferiority complex as soon as an SS pulled up. But now that I have an SS, I don't feel superior to any V6 out there. Heck I LOVE when another Camaro, V6 OR V8, pulls up next to me. And I'll drive normal or give it some gas regardless!! Because it's fun!! And it looks cool as hell when 2 Camaros are driving side by side!!

I personally think that all trim packages exist for a specific reason and I like them all. I even like the LS rims...they look badass to me, as I stated in another thread!! In fact, the LS is probably the way to go if you plan on serious exterior and performance mods. I mean why buy the optioned out model just to buy new rims, a body kit, an exhaust, a sound system, and then twin turb that ***** (excuse my language, lol!!) ??!! And look at it this way, some people simply like the body style. Some people want a 2 door car that is sporty and moderately fast with good gas mileage. This is who the LS targets. Because if it weren't for the LS, those people would buy a stripped down 2 door Altima. So Chevy and Ford and Dodge made a way to get this cool body style without all the extras at a competitive price. And look at it this way, my SS sucks up around $60 a week in gas. That comes out to $240/month. And I work 3 nights a week with approx a 15 mile commute. Outside of that I drive 6 miles round trip to my gym every day. If I had a family or worked 60 miles away then I would be nuts to keep this car, lol!!

So in my opinion, the LS is a great package. And even among the SS guys the 2SS/RS LS3 guys look down at the 1SS L99 guys. And someone with a 2013 2SS/RS convertible can look down at my 2010 2SS/RS LS3. And even if you did have an LT/RS or an SS of any year, the GT-500 and ZL-1 and Vette guys would look down at you. And the ZR-1, Viper, GT-R, Lambo, Ferrari guys look down at them. There is always something bigger, better, and badder...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 24 Old 02-22-2013, 06:08 AM

Garage
Well the good news is, you can always look down on a Genesis. But seriously, Own the vehicle you drive. I drive out of my way sometimes just so I can drive my car that much more. I wash it a retarded number of times because whenever it stops raining here it gets washed so for the 1 day its sunny it'll look nice. And for anyone who looks down at you for the vehicle you own. You paid for the car not them. To hell what anyone else thinks. Unless you own a civic. Or the fore mentioned Genesis.

2013 SS/RS/1LE
1964 Plymouth Barracuda Candy Apple
1962 Ford Thunderbird Baby Blue
post #5 of 24 Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM

No offense......

Put on your big boy pants and love what you have. Who cares what others think?
post #6 of 24 Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Premium Member

Garage
I love to see any Camaro's on the road, and love to give them the high five for a great choice in cars no matter what level they chose for any reason. They are all part of the Camaro fever craze!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #7 of 24 Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM

I've noticed that the guys driving the 6s are the ones usually avoiding eye contact. I've even been right next to them at red lights and they stare the other way, especially if theyve got a girlfriend/wife in the car.
Only 1 exception was a guy with a rare around here fellow green colored 2010 6 pulled up and made a big deal that there were the 2 of us green guys next to each other.
All in all it seems around here anyway (NE Ohio) the black guys are more enthusiastic about their rides than us whiteys and always get a thumbs up no matter what theyre driving.
post #8 of 24 Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM

Garage
The only experience I have had like this was when I took Baby to her first cruise night. I was parked next to another 2SS/RS in IOM and a guy came in with a Black 2SS/RS. He acted like he had the perfect car. He had such a case of head in butt disease it was rediculous. Even though we all had the same car, he thought he was superior just because his car was black!!! Other than that it's all been good!
post #9 of 24 Old 02-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSkullZxx View Post
not at all...

You have a REAL Camaro....

now... if you were driving a Mustang things may be different
post #10 of 24 Old 02-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
not at all...

You have a REAL Camaro....

now... if you were driving a Mustang things may be different

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page