Post That Got Me Banned... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Livin' the dream!

Garage
Thumbs up Post That Got Me Banned...

This is the post that got me banned from "Camaro-Jive"... Please forgive the paraphrase since they erased it after my former friend's feelings were hurt by the dozens of responses calling him an idiot.

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong... in June of 2012 there was a car show in the city I live in. It's the largest show of the year in this area.

A former friend of mine and another friend decided at the last minute to attend. They both lived an hour away by the interstate.

I told the former friend when he called me frantic on my cell, "Take your time. You have plenty of time to get here. Registration closes at noon." The actual registration closed at 1:00 PM, but the info I had said noon.

He didn't listen. Just 2 miles from the exit to the car show, he was nailed for 96 mph in a 65 mph zone. AND he was slowing down at the time. The officer was nice and cut it back so he wouldn't lose his lisence.

My other friend, who was following him, made it to the show ahead of him due to obvious reasons. My other friend said he had a hard time keeping pace with the former friend because he didn't want to get a ticket.

When the former friend showed up at the car show(in plenty of time to register), he handed me the ticket and said, "Thanks a lot!! This is your fault?"

Did I miss something? Did I or did I not tell him to take his time? Was I driving? Am I wrong about this?

BTW, he did all of this with his wife and child in the car too.
So what do you guys and gals think here? Am I wrong about not being to blame for his ticket?

I should have expected no less from this guy since he lacks in the better judgement department. This is the same guy who a month earlier(May 2012) had put his racing slicks and skinnies on his car to drive it to a car show on the interstate(illegal in Iowa)... with his child in the car!!!

Not only did he risk the life of his child, but the lives of every other driver on the road.

He also asked(and I quote), "Would someone please follow me to hide my slicks from the police. I don't want to get pulled over."

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7

Last edited by INTIMIDAT3R; 03-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Well, you know what Forrest Gump would say.."Can't fix stupid".

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 32 Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 PM

Garage
Life's too short to worry about stuff like that. The decisions someone else makes is on them. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "If you're not part of the solution, then you're a part of the problem." Maybe one day that guy will realize that his destructive behavior is effecting his friendship and his family and will grow up a little. Either way, its not worth putting a lot of time into it. The world will continue to turn.

2013 SS/RS/1LE
1964 Plymouth Barracuda Candy Apple
1962 Ford Thunderbird Baby Blue

post #4 of 32 Old 03-04-2013, 09:00 PM

You should just move on because you were in the right. Friends that blame you for their mistakes are not friends but social leeches in my opinion. The more you fall into the guilt trip the more power you give this person. I fell into a similar trap by someone who I no longer speak to and he decided a 20+ year friendship was worth giving up so he could have my 94 z28.

You were completely correct. He is an idiot and you did the right thing.

I vote you get a trophy for best common sense and caring .
post #5 of 32 Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 PM

96 in a 65 going to a car show, you've got to be kidding and his family as passengers, sounds like someone needs to grow-up and take responsibility for their actions, not your fault.

2012 TF3 2SS Camaro

post #6 of 32 Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 AM

So you got banned from C5 for posting that? Was your former friend one if the mods or something? This is just plain goofy. I'm not surprised.

I was suspended without warning for a month for telling the truth about the poor performance of my RX SC kit and how Tracy Lewis was jerking me around. I was told to post my complaints in the Vendor Feedback section after I inquired about my suspension. Ok fine, so I did just that and was then permanently banned for life. They don't even follow their own protocol.

I guess you don't mess with C5's good ole boy network of free mods, handouts and other cool swag from their supporting Gold vendors. Meanwhile we drop thousands of dollars with their vendors and don't have a voice if something doesn't turn out right or worse yet get screwed over by their supporting vendors. Fat dumb and happy they are. That's typically the phase that a person or organization goes through right before total implosion and collapse.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 03-05-2013 at 02:54 AM.
post #7 of 32 Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Livin' the dream!

Garage
I was first suspended for 30 days last year cuz I told a guy, "the pressure on your head from your rectum must really suck cuz it sure interferes with your sense of humor."

The lastest post that started this thread got me banned cuz my former friend, HRD_WRK in the other forum, got his feelings hurt and got upset cuz "I never drive my Camaro that fast."

He goes on these little diatribes cuz "My family reads this forum so you can't post stuff like that or quote me or repost my drag racing pictures."

But yet he continues posting stuff and then deletes a few days later it cuz he doesn't want to get caught by his dad and rest of his family.

I also started the club Iowa Camaro Enthusiasts back in September of 2011. We were originally called the I5's. In January of 2012 I suggested a name change to include all Camaros.

I came up with the new logo, had t-shirts made, came up with the idea for business cards, etc.

The club was supposed to be decentralized, but most of the group in Cedar Rapids decided the road only goes one way... to them. Members outside of CR are sick of most of them, but only PWRMANPAUL66 and myself are the only ones who speak up.

Anyway, HRD_WRK, some of his CR buddies, and one traitor up in my area sent complaints about my post to TRANS-vestite and got me banned.

I sent TRANS-vestite a couple of PM's telling him, not so nicely, what I thought about his uneven hand, his forum, and to erase all my pictures and posts.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7

Last edited by INTIMIDAT3R; 03-05-2013 at 06:09 AM.
post #8 of 32 Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM

Garage
People come and go and so do clubs. Avoid the drama and those who cause it and you'll be in a lot better shape. I'd use some of my french to tell you where they can stick it but I think ignoring it would be even better.

2013 SS/RS/1LE
1964 Plymouth Barracuda Candy Apple
1962 Ford Thunderbird Baby Blue
post #9 of 32 Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Don't sweat it...you're either in or you're out there...and I know because I've been both...lol But once you think about it...did you really ever want to be part of that "in"?
post #10 of 32 Old 03-06-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Livin' the dream!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Don't sweat it...you're either in or you're out there...and I know because I've been both...lol But once you think about it...did you really ever want to be part of that "in"?
True, true.

I started the Iowa Camaro Enthusiasts and the more I got to know certain members, the more I knew I didn't want to be around them.

Same with Camaro-Jive. The uneven hand by the moderators and TRANS-vestite's holier than thou attitude, glad I'm done with them.

Last edited by INTIMIDAT3R; 03-06-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page