Modern Camaro Forums banner

Happy Birthday

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  83Hokie 
#1 ·
My car was born one year ago today!!! Just checked and it was Friday the 13th. :faint: I sure hope that doesn't mean anything. Other than a bad HUD, nothing yet ... knock on wood

#2 ·
Well then happy birthday. Funny story, when I got Taz Jr I was looking at two diffrent cars. Had both build sheets in hand. The one I choose was built on my birthday....that one of the reasons I choose it...

#3 ·
That probably would have done it for me as well ... that said, this car was exactly what I wanted, so I don't think Friday the 13th knowledge would have made any difference at all

#4 ·
Love the color....thats the color I originally wanted and when I got to the dealer when I bought my 2011 they had just sold it. So I got the next best thing with the new one..

#5 ·
I'm confused, loved which color? mine? Its the same as your new one.

#6 ·
Actually there diffrent colors, just a tad diffrent. Mine is Crystal Red Metallic, or Claret Red Tint Coat depending on what information you find about it. Its a 2013 color. Since the pigment that they were using for RJT was coming from Japan and after the sunami they could not get it any more.. Unless Im mistaken but I could be...

#7 ·
Mine is also Crystal Red Metallic ... and, actually, I am with you on the Red Jewel, that would have been my "perfect" color, just a little darker. Red Jewel ended with the 2011's

#11 ·
A good day ... drove it out on a total pleasure drive ... up and down the highway more miles than usual (other than the days I drive her to work) and around the town down main street, started off on a good windy back road but got behind a stake bed truck and did a u'ey because I wasn't going to go through that pain. Then came home and washed it up real good, put it in the garage and under the cover. Maybe some wax tomorrow. :)

#14 ·
lol ... thanks envy and sdk ... I hope to be together a very long time ... don't take this wrong Envy, but is that a car lovers blow up doll in the pic? :lol:

#18 ·
oh my, I missed the mark :lol: I see it now ... thanks lol, that's grreat

#21 ·
Thanks. So far, I've pretty much limited to appearance upgrades, making it "look" slightly more individualized (though the crystal red tint coat was lowest production color in 2012). Engine work will come, but won't be too extreme, probably headers, exhaust, and CAI. We will see where it goes from there. And welcome to Modern Camaro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.