to see or not to see...to hit or not to hit - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

to see or not to see...to hit or not to hit

Hello to all,

As some of you have read my concerns in about one more month I'm gonna get serious about getting my first Camaro. Wether it being a V-6 or an 8 is undetermined as of yet.

What I'm concerned about is that I've read on some articles that some people can't see above the dash when behind the wheel as they said itt has a unusually high dash.instrument cluster. In addition to this I also hear that some people complain the roof-line is unusually low/short so when one gets inside they're head actually hits the roof.

Since I'm an average asian of 5'-7" in height I wonder if I'll encounter any of these issues I know ...I know go and rent a Camaro and see for myself BUT before I do this I'd like your opinions as well to mentally compare against.

Can you tell me: 1. your height

2. does your head hit roof inner liner roof area?

3. can you see above the instrument cluster/dash to drive?

Many Thanks,

Mail Clerk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 PM

I am 5'6". I do not own a Camaro but I have driven the V8 with RS package. I saw just fine, absolutely no problem what-so-ever.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 PM

I'm 5'10" and depending on if you get one with the sunroof or not you should be ok. Got about 1 1/2" more room without the sunroof. Getting my helemt on at the track is a little tricky but doable.

post #4 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

6' Sunroof no problems in any way ... in the 2SS at least the seats adjust up and down ... HUD adjusts up n down, so I never ever look at the cluster except for mileage related things ... the visibility problems are all to the rear

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #5 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member

I am 6'2 and I have 2010 with a moonroof. The best advice is to go sit in one and drive it. The interior is a bit closed in if you ask me. But you'll get used to it and comfortable with it after a while. The blind spots are a bit brutal but you'll get used to that as well. It'll actually make you a better driver, lol!! The roof line is low, maybe it's that way to me because of my height. However, the weird thing is that there are some parking lot entrances where I have to sit up to look over and make sure I'm not gonna curb her. Particularly the Walmart parking lot and TD bank here in Neptune. Those are the only ones I can think of. Other than that there are some things you may or may not find that you'll have to get used to. But once you test drive one and get all the compliments and looks thumbs ups and hott chicks checking you out, you'll be sold!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #6 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 PM

6' 2" 1/2, without sunroof there is no problem with head touching, and I can easily see over the dash.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I'm 5'1" and I can see over the dash to drive with no problem. The passenger seat in the 2010 model is extremely low and not adjustable height-wise. I bend/fold up to get in and out because the roof overhangs low on the sides. You'll bang your head hard once, then you will forever remember to duck. Visibility is tough looking over your right shoulder because of the wide b and c-pillars. Proper mirror adjustment is critical for good visibility. After two weeks of everyday driving, you will adjust.
Happy shopping!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina

Last edited by sdk; 04-27-2013 at 07:43 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I am 5'6" and I don't have any problem at all once I raise the (electric) drivers seat to the right height...but most guys (service techs) do have to lower the seat to get in after me.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your quick replies! Especially the ones around my height. I actually forgot about the electric seat to be able to adjust seat height. If you having no issues then I'm pretty sure I won't.

Currently it appears I'm looking more into a V-6 version (2lt with the RS package) either in white. dark grey or the dark blue...which ever one I can get with the options I want. I especially like the "My Link" with the optional navigation system. Even perhaps the "high performance muffler" system that's offered as an option.

Mail Clerk
post #10 of 16 Old 04-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
The passenger seat in the 2010 model is extremely low and not adjustable height-wise.
The passenger seat in the 2012 2SS is adjustable

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page