Making Calls Using Bluetooth - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-16-2013, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Making Calls Using Bluetooth

I posted about this issue but did not get the response I needed. I apologize for asking again. I would like to make calls using Bluetooth but NOT via OnStar. When I access the hands free calling, the system defaults to the OnStar option. How can I avoid OnStar and have my phone handle the request. (I have already paired my phone successfully.) Thanks for your assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

If you press the phone button on the steering wheel, then it will default to the Onstar service (I think). But if you have your phone paired and do not want to use the Onstar service, then you simply make a phone call from your cell phone and it will switch over to the Bluetooth. I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

Now if you have 2 phones paired, then you have to go into configuration and choose phone options and then choose which phone you want connected.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 7 Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
I always hit the phone button on my steering wheel and both my cars default to my phone.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7

post #4 of 7 Old 05-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromark View Post
I posted about this issue but did not get the response I needed. I apologize for asking again. I would like to make calls using Bluetooth but NOT via OnStar. When I access the hands free calling, the system defaults to the OnStar option. How can I avoid OnStar and have my phone handle the request. (I have already paired my phone successfully.) Thanks for your assistance.
It will attempt to use Onstar if there is no other device so that tells me the phone is not connecting.

You may have it paired but is the phone set to reconnect automatically to the car once disconnected? Remember, it's the phone connecting to the car the car just accepts the connection from any "paired" device....

My HTC Vivid has several settings in the BT config on how it makes itself visible, for how long or whether to only be visible to paired devices etc...

Just some thoughts to work from...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #5 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromark View Post
Not sure for other phones, but for iPhone:

First, make sure your phone is properly Bluetooth paired. Use the "Pair" command at the OnStar prompt and follow directions. (sounds like you've done this already)

Second, after successful Bluetooth pairing, use the "Voice" command at the main OnStar prompt to access the dialing capability of your phone.

Last edited by RoadieWingZ; 05-18-2013 at 07:27 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-19-2013, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. The problem was actually this: the Bluetooth was connecting to my cell phone, but the voice recognition was not accessing my phone book. I could see all my contacts listed but could not access. I had to add tags (record names) individually for the contacts I use most frequently.

Now, how do I make a call from the phone button (steering wheel) using OnStar? When I click the button, I say hands free calling. Then the speaker says "using Camaro Mark," which is my phone name. How can I have the option to choose OnStar? Thanks
post #7 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 12:43 PM

only way to do it is to turn off the bluetooth on your phone to use onstar. It always defaults to phone if one is connected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page