Hennessey or Lingenfelter for my Camaro 2SS/RS L99? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hennessey or Lingenfelter for my Camaro 2SS/RS L99?

Anyone out there have a Hennessey or Lingenfelter package on their Camaros? Tough decision to get it done soon, or wait 3 years until my GM warranty is over. Who likes what and what are your Pros'n Cons???

Proud owner of my 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic Exterior & Interior,

Billy Brown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
If it were me, I'd go with Lingenfelter.

They had a ZL1 up to 203 mph!!!

'Nuff said.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7
post #3 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I second Lingenfelter. They are the standard when it comes to performance GM, not just another 'stang shop that also does Camaros.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I think Lingenfelter will be the way to go! That's guys

Proud owner of my 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic Exterior & Interior,

Billy Brown

post #5 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 PM

Garage
I've seen both their work personally and I would say its going to be more personal preference. I love Lingenfelter for the muscle they put in their cars, but I like Hennessey does with the overall packaging they do. I had a Lingenfelter Caddy Sport Wagon blow the doors off my camaro once.

2013 SS/RS/1LE
1964 Plymouth Barracuda Candy Apple
1962 Ford Thunderbird Baby Blue
post #6 of 15 Old 05-19-2013, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF480 View Post
I've seen both their work personally and I would say its going to be more personal preference. I love Lingenfelter for the muscle they put in their cars, but I like Hennessey does with the overall packaging they do. I had a Lingenfelter Caddy Sport Wagon blow the doors off my camaro once.
Do you think Lingenfelter is a better value gain for the long run though? I've read that with a LFE supercharger installed at their facility and tuned by them increases value 70% above KBB.

I plan on keeping this vehicle forever as its my first of hopefully many sport cars. I wouldn't plan on selling. Just pass it on to my kids when I die- hopefully that's more than 60 years from now lol.

Billy Brown

post #7 of 15 Old 05-19-2013, 08:37 PM

Garage
To be fair, in the long run, either are just about the same. If I were to pass a car off to my kids and it be forever, I wouldn't put a supercharger or turbo on it. Longevity and for value sake they'll do better without. If you're just wanting one for the sake of having one truly either one will do well. I'm a fan of Lingenfelter, but I always love seeing a Hennessey.

2013 SS/RS/1LE
1964 Plymouth Barracuda Candy Apple
1962 Ford Thunderbird Baby Blue
post #8 of 15 Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member

I would have to say that I'm a fan of both. I've seen both of their cars in person, every year on the Hot Rod Power Tour and various National Shows.

As for comparing the two, every since John passed away, Ligenfelter has not been the same- IMO. I've been to the facility in Indiana, and I've also been to his personal museum in Michigan, which very few know about. I was a huge LPE fan and supporter. But, because of what you get for the package, I would lean towards Hennessey, or SLP. If I'm going to drop that kind of money on a Camaro, I want the entire package, not just performance. Both SLP and Hennessey tailor their applications to more than just performance. I also like the fact that you can choose different levels of performance.

Best part- The warranty you get with a Hennessey or SLP Camaro. It's just as good, if not better than the Factory GM Warranty.....
post #9 of 15 Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky6702 View Post
I would have to say that I'm a fan of both. I've seen both of their cars in person, every year on the Hot Rod Power Tour and various National Shows.

As for comparing the two, every since John passed away, Ligenfelter has not been the same- IMO. I've been to the facility in Indiana, and I've also been to his personal museum in Michigan, which very few know about. I was a huge LPE fan and supporter. But, because of what you get for the package, I would lean towards Hennessey, or SLP. If I'm going to drop that kind of money on a Camaro, I want the entire package, not just performance. Both SLP and Hennessey tailor their applications to more than just performance. I also like the fact that you can choose different levels of performance.

Best part- The warranty you get with a Hennessey or SLP Camaro. It's just as good, if not better than the Factory GM Warranty.....

Wouldn't the warranty by LFE and Hennessy only cover their parts? And also, wouldn't this take away my GM warranty?

Billy Brown

post #10 of 15 Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF480 View Post
To be fair, in the long run, either are just about the same. If I were to pass a car off to my kids and it be forever, I wouldn't put a supercharger or turbo on it. Longevity and for value sake they'll do better without. If you're just wanting one for the sake of having one truly either one will do well. I'm a fan of Lingenfelter, but I always love seeing a Hennessey.
Keep in mind, if I live until I'm 85+, my kids will be in their 50's by then. I'm sure they can handle a supercharged car

Billy Brown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page