Corsa Vs Borla - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Corsa Vs Borla

I had in mind to get everything done in Lingenfelter to my Camaro. However, I think the Lingenfelter Axle Back exhaust is too aggressive with sound. I don't want something so choppy.

This brings into question other exhaust recommendations. Corsa vs Borla. You can tell me to check out youtube all day on these, however no one has any really great HD sound videos out there from what I found.

Which will have the best performance and which will give me a little more mature sound, but not too aggressive?

Proud owner of my 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic Exterior & Interior,

Billy Brown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post
I had in mind to get everything done in Lingenfelter to my Camaro. However, I think the Lingenfelter Axle Back exhaust is too aggressive with sound. I don't want something so choppy.

This brings into question other exhaust recommendations. Corsa vs Borla. You can tell me to check out youtube all day on these, however no one has any really great HD sound videos out there from what I found.

Which will have the best performance and which will give me a little more mature sound, but not too aggressive?
They both will, and u wont be dissapointed, i have the Corsa now and its worth every penny, no drone, and a lion at WOT!!

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #3 of 19 Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 AM

This^^^^^^all day long. I've heard tons of exhausts and the Corsa on the LS3/L99 is divine. I've heard the Borla Touring and ATAK and I thought the Touring was just okay and the ATAK was like listening to a good audio system with the graphic EQ set flat. Corsa is authoritative and sounds fantastic from within the cabin.

post #4 of 19 Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
This^^^^^^all day long. I've heard tons of exhausts and the Corsa on the LS3/L99 is divine. I've heard the Borla Touring and ATAK and I thought the Touring was just okay and the ATAK was like listening to a good audio system with the graphic EQ set flat. Corsa is authoritative and sounds fantastic from within the cabin.
yup wut sixjak said, u will notice how clean the Corsa sounds

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #5 of 19 Old 05-22-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 View Post

kiteboarder85,

Now a days most if not all muffler systems are made out of stainless steel for durability so I see no real difference in brand except for the individuals exhaust tone and how loud it can become. I'd say get which ever sounds the best and the cheapest in cost.

In about a month I intendt oget the ball rolling and get my first Camaro with the factory ordered "high performance" muffler system (cat-back). Despite the price for GM's own version I think it'll save me a headache or two.

Mail Clerk
post #6 of 19 Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 PM

Borla vs. Corsa ? You haven't considered other brands ? I always say youtube videos are best with headphones. Head phones with my video sounds exactly like "live".I have Cherry bomb but if I was to change them I would go with stainless works retro chambered.

post #7 of 19 Old 05-22-2013, 06:09 PM

The best is being able to hear them in person, or take a ride in one.

I love my Corsa Cat back.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 PM

The alluminized steel factory pipes are friggin heavy. Corsa and Borla are both crafted from T-304 stainless steel which is the highest grade used in exhaust parts. Many other after market manufacturers (Magnaflow, Flowmaster SOLO use T-409 SS which is certainly an upgrade over alluminized steel but its not the same quality as 304.

I just think Corsa's tips look better and they just flat out sound better. They sound even more amazing with long tube headers.

As an aside, for the V6 you can't beat the mirror polished T-304 ARK DT-S.
post #9 of 19 Old 05-23-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
The alluminized steel factory pipes are friggin heavy. Corsa and Borla are both crafted from T-304 stainless steel which is the highest grade used in exhaust parts. Many other after market manufacturers (Magnaflow, Flowmaster SOLO use T-409 SS which is certainly an upgrade over alluminized steel but its not the same quality as 304.

I just think Corsa's tips look better and they just flat out sound better. They sound even more amazing with long tube headers.

As an aside, for the V6 you can't beat the mirror polished T-304 ARK DT-S.
SIXJAK,

It appears to me that good tone/sound is much associated with the application of tube headers especially on the V6's. Like the others said one has to pick the cat backs/axle backs carefully otherwise what you get might not be what you want!

I'm generally planning on getting the GM brand of exhaust due to void any possibilities of voiding the warranty but on You Tube the standard exhaust sounds pretty good as well. In that case I'll save $1K plus tax.

Mail Clerk
post #10 of 19 Old 05-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member

you pay for what u get for

April 2013 COTM Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page