WHO’S WINNING THE PONY CAR WARS? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

WHO’S WINNING THE PONY CAR WARS?

In May 2013, the Ford Mustang appears to be the victor, as its 8797 deliveries trump the 7929 Chevrolet Camaros and 5537 Dodge Challengers sold last month.

What makes this even more astounding is that the Mustang is still selling this good on basically a 10 year old platform.

This doesnt bode well for the Camaro & Challenger when the 2015 Mustang rolls out!!

Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 AM

Garage
Or a lot of people are just now going to wait for the 2014 model to come out. The 2013 is at the end of it's model and the refresh is coming.

I would anticipate lower numbers until the refresh deliveries start being taken.

2013 IOM Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Weekend Warrior
2000 Monte Carlo SS - CSC Powered Project Car
post #3 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah like people are dying to get a 14. LOL

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #4 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Yeah like people are dying to get a 14. LOL

Yeah they must be because the 14's are out already....
post #5 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

LOL^

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #6 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Nothing new to see here...lol Hasn't this topic already been discussed ad nauseum in several different threads all started by you?
post #7 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Nothing new to see here...lol Hasn't this topic already been discussed ad nauseum in several different threads all started by you?

correct.. idgaf about mustangs sales.. they are crap in my eyes!!! lol...

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
post #8 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mustang has been outselling the Camaro for years now. I mean, I haven't been keeping up on the sales numbers, but it seems the Mustang has always been the better seller for one reason or another. And it seems like there are a crap load of pre-owned low mileage Camaros out there for sale. Which tells me that people aren't keeping them. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I think the Camaro is close enough that Ford can't walk away with an easy victory just yet. The Challenger tho...WTF??!! Probably because the Challenger is too big, too heavy, too slow, horrible on gas, and too expensive. Could you imagine having to DD that boat?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #9 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mustang has been outselling the Camaro for years now. I mean, I haven't been keeping up on the sales numbers, but it seems the Mustang has always been the better seller for one reason or another. And it seems like there are a crap load of pre-owned low mileage Camaros out there for sale. Which tells me that people aren't keeping them. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I think the Camaro is close enough that Ford can't walk away with an easy victory just yet. The Challenger tho...WTF??!! Probably because the Challenger is too big, too heavy, too slow, horrible on gas, and too expensive. Could you imagine having to DD that boat?
Your probably right about mustangs out selling camaros all these years, but I'm the type that wouldnt care about sales numbers.. I'm odd I guess lol.. 39k gets you a 2ss camaro that are sexy ass hell. 39kish mustang IMO looks cheap and like crap.. I start liking the looks of the mustang at gt500 range which is 50+ I think camaro best bang for the buck..

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
post #10 of 49 Old 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
Your probably right about mustangs out selling camaros all these years, but I'm the type that wouldnt care about sales numbers.. I'm odd I guess lol.. 39k gets you a 2ss camaro that are sexy ass hell. 39kish mustang IMO looks cheap and like crap.. I start liking the looks of the mustang at gt500 range which is 50+ I think camaro best bang for the buck..
I agree on what the price gets you. And I agree that the Camaro overall is the best value. But those sales numbers are important if we don't wanna lose the Camaro again. Looks are subjective. And even still, most people have said the Camaro looks better. Yet the Mustang is still outselling us. So there must be something that Ford is doing right or that Chevy is doing wrong. The 4th Gen F-Body looked better and out-performed the Mustang in every way. I mean, have you seen or driven the 2V SOHC auto trans Mustang? Even the upgraded PI version from 99-04 was pathetic. The non-PI from 96-98 was just plain depressingly sad, lol!! Yet the Mustang still outsold both the Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am by a huge margin in those years. One has to wonder if the same thing can happen all over again.

I know this is a sensitive subject and I'm not trying to stir the pot. But this subject always gets my attention. If the Camaro goes away again, then I am sure it will be gone forever. And I can't go back to another Mustang...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page