More totally baseless mag speculation: Trans Am - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

More totally baseless mag speculation: Trans Am

Another Primedia magazine is out there peddling rampant and 100% unfounded speculation about the F-body. This time it is High Perf Pontiac reporting the GTO is going on Hiatus and the Firebird is coming back.

Again there is NOTHING to back this up, but here's the article anyway:

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...ns_am_concept/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Supporting Member

I think it's too early them to speculate anything. GM is just barely coming out of their tailspin right now so I think keeping the GTO/Fbird under wraps is a good way to generate buzz without breaking the bank or putting out fires. They seem to be sitting back and letting the media frenzy do their work for them. Seems smart to me as long as they get something spectacular to market sooner rather than later.

I still say it's a big mistake to bring back the Fbird (a quick Camaro rebadge). The GTO provides an opportunity to build in more features at a higher price point. It could be a different car, just as it was during the 60's/70's. Why would I buy a Fbird if I can get the exact same thing cheaper in a Camaro?

Last edited by Hdesign; 07-28-2006 at 08:15 AM.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 11:57 AM

Camaro wont b unique if the firebird comes out it will b just another rebadge thing i hope the fire bird doesent happen !

post #4 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 06:57 PM

Garage
what a waste of paper and cyberspace
post #5 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Bring back the gto and firebird but in no way should they copy anything from the new camaros body style if they do there doomed.

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #6 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox
Bring back the gto and firebird but in no way should they copy anything from the new camaros body style if they do there doomed.
No room in the lineup to have two v8 rwd coupes at Pontiac. That could be done 30 years ago when 1/2 of all cars in the US were GM, but not today.

Its either one or the other, and Firebird is staying dead. Its time everybody just accept it. GTO is here to stay...well, once it comes back from being gone for 1-2 years.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-29-2006, 06:44 AM

Garage
true I think people should start to realise that having a lot of rebadged cars is what put gm in the dire straits that they are in, and they should not rebadge the camaro!
post #8 of 8 Old 07-30-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna be a 5th gen owner
true I think people should start to realise that having a lot of rebadged cars is what put gm in the dire straits that they are in, and they should not rebadge the camaro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page