Raptor Shift Light - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Raptor Shift Light

Hello, I purchased and received my Raptor shift light, however, the installation is not as easy as the manual shows, there are 4 cables to be tapped in the main wiring of the car. Has anyone here installed it before? If so, how complicated it was? Please help!! Will return it if not sure on the installation process, don't want to damage any cable on the car.

Thanks

2SS - 541rwhp - 547torq - TVS2300 - LG Full exhaust w/headers - RX Catch Can - and much more........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 PM

Garage
If this is anything like a tach install it is difficult. Well, for me it was above my head. Your camaro has 8 ignition coils, this means you can't hook it up to just the negative side of one. A tach gauge should be ran through the ECM like a car security system. I know you said shift light but i bet its ran the same way, off of RPM.

I could be wrong, i don't know for sure. I just know i had an after market tach i was going to install (changed my mind) and i would of had to go to someone thst deals in car alarm systems because like i said, the one wire for the alarm system goes into the ECM where the Tach would go also
post #3 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Garage
Go to a car alarm installer and have them do it. Don't listen to people on here that say it should be easy or that call you a loser because you need help. Its your car, and not everyone is an expert like some people on this forum pretend they are

post #4 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewdogg15 View Post
Go to a car alarm installer and have them do it. Don't listen to people on here that say it should be easy or that call you a loser because you need help. Its your car, and not everyone is an expert like some people on this forum pretend they are

Thanks for the advice, agreed 100%!!!!

2SS - 541rwhp - 547torq - TVS2300 - LG Full exhaust w/headers - RX Catch Can - and much more........
post #5 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose2SS/RS View Post
Thanks for the advice, agreed 100%!!!!
No problem. Post a picture to show us after its done!
post #6 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewdogg15 View Post
I agree ... if its something you want, go pay for someone to put it in ... what's easy for some is not necessarily easy for others ... others don't have the time or desire to have their car sit for the amount of time to make something work. Personally, I would love to do all my imagined mods myself, but realistically, I am not going to experiment on a 40K car or let it sit idle as I figure something out for a month. Then, of course, there is always the threat of not only ending up giving it up, but also having to pay for a tow, AND paying for new parts.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #7 of 9 Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
I agree ... if its something you want, go pay for someone to put it in ... what's easy for some is not necessarily easy for others ... others don't have the time or desire to have their car sit for the amount of time to make something work. Personally, I would love to do all my imagined mods myself, but realistically, I am not going to experiment on a 40K car or let it sit idle as I figure something out for a month. Then, of course, there is always the threat of not only ending up giving it up, but also having to pay for a tow, AND paying for new parts.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-10-2013, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Agreed, I think it's going back to the vendor, returning it.

Thanks!!!!

post #9 of 9 Old 07-19-2013, 09:28 PM

It's not too easy to splice wires. Take it to a good speed shop or custom installer and let them do it for you. And check their work after they finish and before you pay them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page