How much is your Camaro Lease? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

How much is your Camaro Lease?

How much do you pay a month for a camaro, how much down did u pay is it lease to buy...

Question #2.
How much do u pay for ur insurance and whats the name of it..

I just turned 18 and I want to buy a camaro soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
Why "rent" a Camaro?

That's all leasing is.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7
post #3 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

I'm in the never lease camp, but I do understand the people who rotate cars no matter what going the rent / lease route ... I don't understand why they do it, but I can understand it, if that makes sense (and I am not sure it does )

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

post #4 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
When you lease a car...the payments you make cover the interest and depreciation ONLY on the car and at the end of the lease you give the car back and you don't have a dime to put down on your next car. So you basically pay a lot of money to borrow something for three years and you're right back where you started in the first place...needing a car. When you buy a car the loan is a liability but the car is an asset that you own so at the end of your loan you own something you can resell to recoup money (or trade-in) to put down on your next car. IMO...it's much smarter to pay something to get something than to pay something for nothing. And just in case you're not aware...a lease limits the mileage you can drive on the car and if you exceed that mileage you wind up paying a hefty per mile overage fee that will leave you owing money at the end of the lease and you still have no car.

I purchased my car and I am paying 3.9% interest on the loan so my payments are $447 a month but I also traded in a 15K vehicle on it. The purchase price for my V6 was 28K and I added about 6K of modifications on before financing bringing the purchase price up to 34K.

And what most of us here pay for insurance is irrelevant because were not 18 years old with a 0 credit rating...unfortunately those two things are going to cost you big time no matter what car you buy or lease.
post #5 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

my original payment was something like $550 on a 38K loan at 1.99% for 6 years ... I refinance couple months later at 1.79 for 5 years and they gave me $250 to refinance

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
post #6 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 04:45 PM

I in the no lease camp, I drive too many miles but I also like to keep a car for a while also, I had a 94 Camaro for 11 years and 171k, and I have a 2003 Avalanche with 147k on it. A lease might be good for someone that doesn't drive much and rotates cars every 3 years, that's not me.
post #7 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member

yep I just passed 201K on my Toyota daily driver, my wife has 160 on hers

post #8 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
When you lease a car...the payments you make cover the interest and depreciation ONLY on the car and at the end of the lease you give the car back and you don't have a dime to put down on your next car. So you basically pay a lot of money to borrow something for three years and you're right back where you started in the first place...needing a car. When you buy a car the loan is a liability but the car is an asset that you own so at the end of your loan you own something you can resell to recoup money (or trade-in) to put down on your next car. IMO...it's much smarter to pay something to get something than to pay something for nothing. And just in case you're not aware...a lease limits the mileage you can drive on the car and if you exceed that mileage you wind up paying a hefty per mile overage fee that will leave you owing money at the end of the lease and you still have no car.

I purchased my car and I am paying 3.9% interest on the loan so my payments are $447 a month but I also traded in a 15K vehicle on it. The purchase price for my V6 was 28K and I added about 6K of modifications on before financing bringing the purchase price up to 34K.

And what most of us here pay for insurance is irrelevant because were not 18 years old with a 0 credit rating...unfortunately those two things are going to cost you big time no matter what car you buy or lease.
And Debbie Downer has spoken!

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #9 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCam1 View Post
And Debbie Downer has spoken!
Me thinks you might be from the leasing camp Rick...lol Did you know that the surgeon general has warned that cigarette smoking can cause severe colic and/or lung cancer?

post #10 of 28 Old 07-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Me thinks you might be from the leasing camp Rick...lol Did you know that the surgeon general has warned that cigarette smoking can cause severe colic and/or lung cancer?

I used to lease many cars when I worked for GM. I didn't go over the 12,000 mile limit and only leased for two years at a time so I didn't need new brakes or tires. I only leased cars with special leases on them. My payments were usually under $200 a month. Some as little as $79 a month and one that was free after an initial $50 acquisition fee. It was a Tahoe that I got through the company owned vehicle plan. (PEP car) My new Camaro is a PEP car only I bought it. I only keep my cars around 2 years max.

I called you Debbie Downer because you broke that poor kids bubble with the insurance and no credit comment. :Lil:

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page