Sonic Bastid - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Angry Sonic Bastid

So on my lunch today I decided to pamper the car and went and washed it and dried it and it was looking quite spiffy. Anyway, I stopped by Sonic to get a drink. The kid brings out the drink and tells me the price. I already ran my card to pay for it. He said, let me check on that like I really need a free drink.

Anyway, he walks between the car and the order thing. I'm watching him in the rear view and he brushes his ass up against the car. I said, please don't touch my car. He says "I didn't touch your car, well...maybe my butt did". Yeah, maybe it did. I asked him his name and he shrugged his shoulders and walked off??? I start pressing the button and get the mgr. out there and he wasn't a load of help either. I told him I'd just call the office and they shouldn't be allowed to even walk between that thing and someone's car much less an obvious brand new one. I drove back to the office right around the corner and looked. He scratched it back near the fins. About a 2" mark. I went back over there and then called their office, spoke with the mgr. again and they're supposed to be calling me back. I sure hope they're prepared to at least reimburse me for the work I'm going to have to do and the supplies I'll use up buffing it out. I think I'm going to start riding the bike to work. It draws attention but never had anyone door ding it or scratch it. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM

What did he have in his back pocket, a screwdriver ? Sound like a cheap shot to get some work done.
post #3 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member

Get used to it buddy. There are dings on my car that I don't even know how or even when they got there. I was at the gym a few months ago and watched some teenager walking towards my car...he had all the room in the world. So I'm watching and thinking to myself "he's gonna walk right up against my car". Sure enough, as if my car was a magnet, he walked right up on it and brushed up against it. And believe it or not, it was kinda funny to me. I just laughed and went about my business. Some things I will just take a deep breath and let it slide. In your case, maybe the manager will reimburse you AND hook you up with a month of free food!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Nope, he had the headset radio thing and one of those changer things on the other side and lots of wires hanging down and buttons on his back pockets. Not sure which one did it.

What exactly do you mean "cheap shot to get some work done"?
post #5 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
Get used to it buddy. There are dings on my car that I don't even know how or even when they got there. I was at the gym a few months ago and watched some teenager walking towards my car...he had all the room in the world. So I'm watching and thinking to myself "he's gonna walk right up against my car". Sure enough, as if my car was a magnet, he walked right up on it and brushed up against it. And believe it or not, it was kinda funny to me. I just laughed and went about my business. Some things I will just take a deep breath and let it slide. In your case, maybe the manager will reimburse you AND hook you up with a month of free food!!
I am getting more and more used to it. Shoot, I don't even want that much from them. I'll do the work myself so I'm not looking to get rich or anything. lol People are amazing for sure.
post #6 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM

You should have gone to Hooters.
post #7 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I'd have raised holy hell.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #8 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member

Sometimes tho it isn't even worth the hassle. I mean, if the manager denies it, and the kid denies it, there is nothing you can do. It wouldn't even be worth a lawsuit. Not to mention you probably won't be able to go back to the place again...they might hold a grudge and do something to your food. If its just a minor scuff that can be buffed out then I'd say let it go. Treat your car to a nice wax and leave it alone. But hopefully the manager will do the right thing. I'm sure they have video cameras in the lot. But don't get too wound up about it. It could have been a lot worse. And end of the day, it isn't a big deal...not big enough to go crazy over...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #9 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
You should have gone to Hooters.
LMAO! There is truth in that. I don't mind a Hooter's or Twin Peaks girl rubbing against me.
post #10 of 35 Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
I'd have raised holy hell.
I kind of did. I can't wait to see what they say when they call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page