Totally confused, dont know what Im gonna do! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Totally confused, dont know what Im gonna do!

As alot of people here know I traded my 1SS for a Mustang 5.0. Ive had it almost 5 months, no issues or problems, runs great, looks great but I have owned Mustang's for over 30 years with a few Camaro SS's and 1 Z/28 and I gotta admit I truly miss my 2012 Camaro SS. I never had any problems with my 2012 Camaro, I truly beleive it was the best Chevrolet ive ever owned.

With a few things that I didnt like about my Camaro, Ive sit and thought about it and there was a ton more things that I DID like about it over my Mustang.

I originally bought my SS because I was so burnt out with Mustang's. After 5 months I realized that I still am burnt out on Mustang's, thats not to say they are "bad" cars I am just SOOO burnt out.

I have found myself looking AGAIN for a Camaro and ive found a 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE in Summit White and I will be chatting with a dealer in Tampa tomorrow about trading, he initally said that I am $7000 hooked in my Mustang which I figured would be the case. He will discount the Camaro he said $4000 and I will come with $5000 to pay the difference so we'll see what happens but I am still confused and dont want to keep trading, maybe some suggestions from a few of you all will help with my confusion as to trade back or not....

Let the flaming begin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 07-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member

Dude, I'm a Mustang AND Camaro guy myself. So I know what you're going through. But I gotta say, you barely had and barely drove your Camaro before you wanted the Mustang...or so it seemed you barely had and barely drove it, I could be wrong. And you traded it in for the Mustang which you've had for 5 months. And even before that I'm pretty sure there was a car that you traded for the Camaro. Let me digress a little...maybe you can update us all on the cars you had and traded up to this point. Back to subject. I don't think it is financially logical for you to do another trade. Unless you have some kind of deal with the dealer or know some kind of angle, I just don't see how you can keep doing these trades without taking a huge hit on your finances and your credit. I suggest you keep the Mustang and enjoy it!! Stop judging it in comparison it to the Camaro. The Camaro is going to shine in certain aspects as will the Mustang in its own right. Both cars are awesome and extremely desirable. And if you appreciate the Mustang's unique strengths, you will enjoy it more. Plus, $5,000 to trade over to another Camaro when you already had one 5 months ago?? You're basically just throwing $5,000 away on top of whatever money you lost when you traded over to the Stang. Throw another $1500 on that $5,000 and you can get a supercharger installed and tuned on the Coyote!! And then you won't even be thinking about another Camaro.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

Last edited by Chapel; 07-21-2013 at 11:27 PM.
post #3 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member

Have you checked for factory rebates on the 13 Camaro? If there isnt any yet just wait till the 14 hits the lot and you should be able to unload the mustang without so much negative equity.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #4 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 AM

I am curious what is it that you don't like about the Mustang. the power or the looks of it.
post #5 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
You should NEVER have looked at that "Gotta Have It Green" Mustang...if you had stuck to the other colors you might still be driving a Camaro. But seriously...I think you should keep the 5.0 and buy me something nice instead...lol
post #6 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
Dude, I'm a Mustang AND Camaro guy myself. So I know what you're going through. But I gotta say, you barely had and barely drove your Camaro before you wanted the Mustang...or so it seemed you barely had and barely drove it, I could be wrong. And you traded it in for the Mustang which you've had for 5 months. And even before that I'm pretty sure there was a car that you traded for the Camaro. Let me digress a little...maybe you can update us all on the cars you had and traded up to this point. Back to subject. I don't think it is financially logical for you to do another trade. Unless you have some kind of deal with the dealer or know some kind of angle, I just don't see how you can keep doing these trades without taking a huge hit on your finances and your credit. I suggest you keep the Mustang and enjoy it!! Stop judging it in comparison it to the Camaro. The Camaro is going to shine in certain aspects as will the Mustang in its own right. Both cars are awesome and extremely desirable. And if you appreciate the Mustang's unique strengths, you will enjoy it more. Plus, $5,000 to trade over to another Camaro when you already had one 5 months ago?? You're basically just throwing $5,000 away on top of whatever money you lost when you traded over to the Stang. Throw another $1500 on that $5,000 and you can get a supercharger installed and tuned on the Coyote!! And then you won't even be thinking about another Camaro.
I think he is exactly right. I like all muscle cars. I prefer to own a camaro because i love chevy and if i had a penny for every mustang i saw every day.....

Anyway back to the topic, enjoy your mustang. Just think, once you get above water on the mustang (cars worth more than you owe) , there probaly will be the new 6th gen camaro....
post #7 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM

Try out a Challenger SRT8
post #8 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage-Iron View Post
As alot of people here know I traded my 1SS for a Mustang 5.0. Ive had it almost 5 months, no issues or problems, runs great, looks great but I have owned Mustang's for over 30 years with a few Camaro SS's and 1 Z/28 and I gotta admit I truly miss my 2012 Camaro SS. I never had any problems with my 2012 Camaro, I truly beleive it was the best Chevrolet ive ever owned.

With a few things that I didnt like about my Camaro, Ive sit and thought about it and there was a ton more things that I DID like about it over my Mustang.

I originally bought my SS because I was so burnt out with Mustang's. After 5 months I realized that I still am burnt out on Mustang's, thats not to say they are "bad" cars I am just SOOO burnt out.

I have found myself looking AGAIN for a Camaro and ive found a 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE in Summit White and I will be chatting with a dealer in Tampa tomorrow about trading, he initally said that I am $7000 hooked in my Mustang which I figured would be the case. He will discount the Camaro he said $4000 and I will come with $5000 to pay the difference so we'll see what happens but I am still confused and dont want to keep trading, maybe some suggestions from a few of you all will help with my confusion as to trade back or not....

Let the flaming begin!

Lmao!!! 1 le or keep the 5.0 IMO... The 1 le is a great car I was going to get one and the deal feel thru..

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
post #9 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Try out a Challenger SRT8
My .02 cents!! I tried one and it just wasn't the best.. IMO not horrible but not better than a camaro...

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
post #10 of 73 Old 07-22-2013, 04:36 PM

so buy 1 of each.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page