New Rotor - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

New Rotor

So last weekend I got a nice thick groove in my rear passenger rotor. Took it in for service this morning and dropped it off. I watched in horror as the guy who pulled my car up didn't know how to drive a manual very well. Then he parked it next to the garage door where if he'd have opened the door it would have been disaster. Then he kept trying to back it up with the other guys in there laughing at him. It was painful to watch.

Anyway, hopefully they'll have a rotor in stock and get it fixed today. They did however give me a '14 Malibu that's pretty nice but it's front wheel drive. Where's that puke smilie? lol Thing only has 60 miles on it.

Anyone ever had to have a rotor replaced and did they have it in stock or did it take a few days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member

Should be in stock

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #3 of 14 Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Speak with the service manager about that yahoo not knowing how to drive manual.
You don't need him learning on YOUR car.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 14 Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM

I've replaced both my front rotors when I put on my second set of replacement pads. Easy job. I ordered them through RockAuto, They got here in a couple of days.
post #5 of 14 Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
Should be in stock
Well, I'm pretty aggravated. They turned the thing and say it was a high spot in the rotor? It's going back. The mark was barely noticable but tonight after bowling it's bad again. I'm not gonna have a brand new car looking like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Speak with the service manager about that yahoo not knowing how to drive manual.
You don't need him learning on YOUR car.
That's for sure. Man, I've come to expect more from this dealer but they didn't do a good job at all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM2SS View Post
I've replaced both my front rotors when I put on my second set of replacement pads. Easy job. I ordered them through RockAuto, They got here in a couple of days.
Too bad I can't do that and bill them. lol Mine's going back and I'm insisting they put a new rotor on.
post #6 of 14 Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 PM

Sounds like you have trash on your pads if it is gouging into the surface. I would have thought they would have checked them for debris when they pulled the rotor before...
post #7 of 14 Old 07-31-2013, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

They supposedly did. lol It's all good now. They replaced the rotor and pads.
post #8 of 14 Old 08-01-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm T View Post
They supposedly did. lol It's all good now. They replaced the rotor and pads.
They only did one side?

I would expect the new side to pull compared to the old side. We don't want that. Brakes should always be replaced in pairs.
post #9 of 14 Old 08-01-2013, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

They did both sides. Only 1 rotor though. All is well
post #10 of 14 Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member

Do rotors pull straight off? or is there some process to unclip it? Sorry, I never had rotors on a car I actually worked on, my 71 Nova had drums.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page